Chapter 18

It's been around a year now, we have a lot more in a group now and I think I'm 11 or 12 whereas Carl is now 13 or 14

It's been around a year now, we have a lot more in a group now and I think I'm 11 or 12 whereas Carl is now 13 or 14. It's been quite easy I guess, the other girls don't really like me though. All I do is play with Teddy or I train with Daryl. I have gotten quite good with weapons at my age, but I don't go out on runs with Daryl... He says that it has become more dangerous. 

It has, the fence is almost going to fall. The other girls near my age talk to the Walkers and name them, but they going to have to realise that they are dangerous. "Hey Skylar! Go and play with Mika and Lizzie!" I hear Daryl say, I groaned and stood up. I don't really hold Teddy anymore, Mika and Lizzie laugh at me when I have him around. 

I know I meant to be 10 and grown up but I still love my Teddy, it's kept me safe when I was younger and it will keep me safe now. I walk out onto the garden and saw Mika and Lizzie by the fence with some other kids. "Hey Skylar, you okay?" I hear Carl say, "Hey Carl, Yeah I'm okay. What about you? Any sign of Michonne?" I say walking up to him. "No, but I hope she has comics." Carl says, "Yeah, I hope she has some more books, read all of mine she gave me and the library's books are terrible." I say and Patrick starts to come over to us. 

"Hey Patrick" me and Carl say, "Hey!" Patrick says, we heard kids laughing and shouting which makes us turn heads. "What are they doing?" Carl says and we walk over to kids. "Hey Nick!" Lizzie says, "What are you doing?!" Carl says, "Naming them" Mika says, Carl shifts uncomfortably. "Why? They're dead." I say, Lizzie sends me a glare. "They're not, so shut the hell up." Lizzie says and I cross my arms over my chest. 

"I don't take orders from you." I say turning around and walking up to the prison. I see Daryl by the cooker talking to someone, "Thank you again Mr. Dixon" I giggled and Daryl noticed this, he smirked and ran up to me then picked me up while spinning me. "Hey!" Daryl says, "Daryl!" Daryl put me down and I noticed how big I had gotten, "You've gotten quite big haven't you!" Daryl says, I was up to his chest.

"Can I go on a run with you?" I ask and Daryl shakes his head, "Sorry Skylar. Why don't you play with Lizzie and Mika?" Daryl says, "I don't like them, they don't like me. Simple." I say crossing my arms over my chest, "And they naming walkers." I say turning my head to the fence. Daryl looks over and sighs, "Okay, why don't you help Rick out? Or Carol?" Daryl says and I shrug, "Okay, I'll see if Carol needs help" I say and I walk over to Carol who is packing things away.

"Hey Carol!" I say walking over, "Hey Skylar, what's up?" Carol says while closing a bag, "Need any help?" I ask and Carol puts a hand on her hip. "Can you help me take this bag to the library?" Carol asks and I grab the bag, the bag was heavy but I could handle it. Once we got there we placed down the bag and I looked around the library.

"Thanks Skylar, I don't need your help anymore." Carol says and I nod, I look through some books and I find a book. I pick it up and I read the blurb, I put the book away and I walk back to my cell. Since the new people have come I have been more lonely, Daryl is always busy with runs and council meetings and Carl helps his Dad and goes on runs with him; Carol does story time, cleaning and food. So all I have now is Teddy, but he's just a teddy and I can't talk to him. 

The other kids hate me, and the older kids don't want me hanging around with them. So I always end up in the tombs and draw or read. I get to my cell and I grab my sketchbook and a book, I walk in the tombs and I find a place to sit. I sit and I open a page in my sketch book, after sketching for about an hour or so I get up and start to head back to my cell. 

Once I did I sat myself down and I grabbed photo frame of Daryl, Merle and me. Me and Daryl went back to our old house and grabbed a few things this being one of them, I sighed putting the photo frame on my small table. "Hey." I look up to see Carl leaning against the frame of the cell door, "Hey" I say smiling a little. "Where've you been?" Carl says sitting down next to me, "Just in the Tombs. Again." I say, "Why do you go there?" Carl asks looking at me, "Cause I'm alone." I say turning my head away from him.

"What about Daryl, Carol or other kids around here?" Carl says and I just shake my head, "Daryl and Carol are always too busy while the other kids hate me." I say wiping my eyes, "Everyone thinks I'm a freak." I finish, I turn my head to the cell door and saw a foot...Daryl's foot. "I don't, I don't hate you" Carl says, "CARL MICHONNE IS HERE!" Rick yells out and Carl gets up quickly and runs off. I sigh and I hear footsteps get close to my cell, I see Daryl peak his head in and then he walks in. 

"Hey" Daryl says, great now I know he heard all of that. "Just tell me to grow up then move on Daryl." I say turning my head to him, "I know you heard." I say looking at him, Daryl's face changes. "Sorry Sis, is that why you haven't been yourself since the day the Woodbury people came?" Daryl says and I nod in reply. "I'm sorry that it happened. Hey, why don't you go on our run?" Daryl says, "I thought you said it was dangerous?" I said looking at him and he nodded, "But we can't keep you here forever." Daryl said standing up, "Let's get you set up!" Daryl says and I stand up, "First Belt." He puts a weaponry belt around me and shoves weapons inside like knives, bullets and a gun. 

"Second, your main weapon" Daryl says handing my crossbow, "Secondary weapon" he hands me a machete. "Oh, your badass hoodie!" I put it on and he puts a knife in my boot. He pulls my hoodie up and smiles, "Now, you're ready!" I giggle as I take a look at myself in the mirror. "Let's go!" We walk outside and Rick turns around a sees me, "Jesus, Skylar you look like an assassin!" Rick says and Michonne walks up to me.

"Lookin' badass! Like me!" Michonne says and smiles. "Sis you can go on the back of my motorcycle" Daryl says and puts me on the motorcycle. " Ey Michonne, you going on a run today?" Daryl says and Michonne nods. I turn my head and I see Lizzie and Mika with various other girls staring at me with there arms crossed, the motorcycle started and we were off.