Chapter 19

We got to the store and I climbed off, everyone was adults and I was the only kid

We got to the store and I climbed off, everyone was adults and I was the only kid. Time to show who really is the best. "Hey Skylar, be careful and remember what I taught you" Daryl says as we ran over to a store, "Do you really think it was a good idea to bring her?!" Zack says, Zack is Beth's new boyfriend he's okay, quite nice. 

We stood outside the store and by the wall, "Daryl you need to draw attention, see how many there are" I whisper and everyone turns there head to me, "What!?" I whisper, and Daryl nods. He opens the door and it makes a bell noise, a few walkers appear and the 'adults' take them down, "Let's go." we walked inside and I held my crossbow up. 

We all went our in groups but then we went out on our own, I saw a walker so I pointed my crossbow up and fired. The walkers fall and I quickly grab my arrow, I grab my bag out and shove all sorts of things in my bag. I close my bag and it's gotten very heavy, I heard a loud crash causing me to turn and run towards it. Bob was stuck underneath the wine shelves, "Bob! Grab my hand!" I yell. "I can't my leg is stuck!" Bob yells out, "Daryl!" I call out while killing a nearby walker, A walker falls next to me so I look up and see that the roof has fallen in. 

"Sis, I need you to get out!" Daryl says walking up to me, "But what about the others!?" I shout, "JUST GO!" Daryl says, I grunt and run out of the store and out onto the road. I stop when I see walkers falling off the roof and coming closer, I throw my knives at ones that are close and shot some with my crossbow. I went around stabbing a few as I collected my arrows and knives, as I went to pick up the last arrow I feel something wrap around my throat then I am lifted into the air. I quickly grab my knife and I cut the rope above me just as air leaves me, I fall to the ground and I coughing and I regain my breath. I get up and run to the cars and I see the group run out, except Daryl and Zack.

"Where's Daryl!?" I shout and the other stare at me, I get out my crossbow and just as I walk inside Daryl runs out and yells at us to go, I run to the bike and I climb on. The bike starts we all move quickly back to the prison, once we got there I saw the look on Daryl's face on sympathy. "Do you want me to tell Beth?" I say to Daryl and he shakes his head, "I'll do it, go take your supplies up to Carol" Daryl says and I nod. 

I slowly made my way up to the courtyard and walked up to Carol, I opened my bag and saw beans, peaches and granola bars. I handed them to her and handed out bottled water to everyone, I walked to my cell with my bag. I placed my bag down on the floor and I sat on my legs and saw what else I got, a sketch book, pencils, and... a small pendent...? I turned the pendent over and saw a firefly.

I put them pendent on and let it hang around my neck, I rummaged through the bag more and saw three other pendents, one is a wolf, another is a tiger and another is eagle. Daryl, Rick and Carl. I walked down the stairs with the pendents and saw Rick and Carl talking, Carl was working on his gun while Patrick was playing with Lego. I walked up to Rick and Carl, "Guys, these are for you!" I say handing Rick the tiger and Carl the eagle. "Nice! Thanks Skylar!" Carl says, "Tiger, represents strength and power. Eagle represents Freedom and confidence" I say then I look down at mine, "Mine's a firefly, mine represents illumination and passion." I say shrugging, "Thank you Skylar" Rick says putting his on. "Where's Daryl?" I ask, "Fence" Rick says and I run out the door and onto the field in search of Daryl.

I find him pushing the log back up and the fence and he looks out into the opening, I walk up to him and he turns as I got closer, "Hey Sis, what's up?" He says. Once I get there I hold out a pendent, "For you, it's a wolf which represents power, cunning, strength, courage and family." I say as he puts the pendent on. "Thank you Skylar" He says and I smile. I hear a cracking sound which snaps my attention to the direction and I see the wood breaking under the Walkers weight.

"Rick!" Daryl calls out and Daryl and I hold up the fence, "I know how to distract them!" Rick says and we wait a few minutes and see Rick out in the open slicing a pig and dropping it on the floor, he does it with all the pigs and the weight has lifted. Me and Daryl walk up to Rick and see blood on his face, I grab my handkerchief and hand him it. He gladly takes it and wipes his face, "Cheers Skylar" Rick says and hands it back to me.

"It's getting late, I'm going to start heading to bed." I say looking at Daryl, "Okay, remember tomorrow me and you are going hunting." Daryl says and I smile while nodding. "Night guys!" I say before turning around and running up to the prison, I walk in and see Maggie with Glenn. I see Glenn rubbing Maggie's inner thigh, "Urgh, Get a room!" I say and both of them snap there attention on me. 

Maggie and Glenn both go red and I let out a laugh, "You should've seen your faces!" I say clutching to my side finding it hard to breath. "Alright Midget go get some sleep." Glenn jokingly says and I stare at him, "I maybe a midget but just so you know I am a Dixon and I can take you down!" I say and Maggie laughs.

"Night guys" I say and the both say 'night' at the same time, I walk up the stairs and got to my room. I walk in and walk up to the mirror, You're a Dixon. Don't listen to what those little kids say, you're older and you don't listen to them. Yes but they can still hurt your feelings; and they have more people on there side. Oh really, I have family and I have been in the group way longer so they can shut up. Well, tell them to shut up and punch round the fucking face! Are you kidding! They are just kids looking for attention! And I don't want to put myself in a position where I am hated on by everyone.

Look at me, I'm talking to myself!

Urgh, I need sleep! I take my jacket off and I take my top off, I put on another short sleeved top on and I took my boots off. I lay myself down on the bed and I turn to look at a picture, it's of me, Daryl and Merle. God I miss you Bro. I shut my eyes only hearing the sounds of...Ewww! Maggie and Glenn are uhhh- I need a pillow! I grab my pillow and cover my ears, Urgh! I can still hear them! But then I fall into a deep sleep... Finally.