Chapter Eight

Waking up, I saw that Daryl was asleep on the bed next to me, I climbed out and got Teddy

Waking up, I saw that Daryl was asleep on the bed next to me, I climbed out and got Teddy. I walked over to Daryl and laid Teddy next to him, I got changed into my blue top and black jeans with my UGG Boots. I turn to see Daryl and he is still sleeping, I walk up to him and kiss his forehead. He moves then smirks, "You better run" he warns jokingly, I quickly grab Teddy and run out of the tent. 

I then hear Daryl running behind me, so I turn and run towards the camp and jump over some stuff then I run to the house. "I'm going to get you!" he jokingly scares, I feel him grab me and spin me around making me giggle. I move my hands like I am using a gun and point it to Daryl, "BAM!"I shout, Daryl's slowly puts me down and lies on the floor. 

"I'm dying...uhhh" he jokingly gargles out making me giggle. I walk up to him and poke him, "Daryl?" I call out before giggling, he smirks and opens one eye- then he pins me down and tickles me. "HAHAHA DARYL STOP!" I squeal while laughing. "What's the magic word?" he says softly. "PLEASE!" I yell, he stops and looks up, I push my head back to see Rick. 

Standing up, I stand behind Daryl scared of Rick, "Sorry we...eh..we were just fooling around." Daryl admits, "It's fine. I need to talk to you..." Rick announces, Rick gives him a look and Daryl nods. Daryl turns around and kneels down to me, "Your highness I'm sorry but I have my duties to attend to" Daryl says with a posh voice, I giggle, "We can play after right?!" I say, joy laced within my voice -poking him, Daryl looks around and picks Teddy up and hands him to me. 

"Of course." he agrees, smiling at me. I put my hands on his knee and push his leg to the floor, then I kiss his cheek. "Thank you!" I thank then run off, giggling. Climbing up the RV to see Andrea and Dale talking.

"We should just kill the kid" Andrea mutters emotionless, "What no, the kid is just helpless- it's not humane." Dale debates.

"You're going to kill a kid?" I cry out. Dale and Andrea turn around wide eyed, "No sweetie, come here" Dale says worriedly, then stares at Andrea- Andrea huffs and climbs down the ladder. I sit down next to Dale "how are you cupcake?" he asks, "Really excited! Daryl says we can play together after he has done his duties!" I say, fixing Teddy's tie.

"He really looks like James Bond" Dale says pointing to Teddy. "Who's James Bond?" I ask. "He's a secret agent, he goes around saving people's life and saving the world!" Dale says making me laugh, "So can he fix this!?" I asked excitedly, I smile, if he can help the world then we can go back to normal! "Eh... No sweetie, I-I'm afraid not... He's only in the movies.", he says sadly.

"Ohh... Right." I say sadly, looking down at Teddy. "Will anyone be able to save us?" I ask sadness lacing through my voice. "I don't know Skylar..."Dale sighs after replying, I nod, "Hey when it's my birthday next year when can have birthday cake and play pin the tail on the donkey!" I say, changing the subject, "And Me and You can play hide and seek with Daryl!" I continue, sitting on Dale's lap.

"Yeah, and we can go to Disneyland..!" he says happily, sadness filling his eyes, "Disneyland? Is that with Disney characters!" I ask before gasping. "Yeah!" Dale says, I giggle while smiling up at him. "We have to do that now!" I shout excitedly, Dale turns his head around and puts me on a chair "Stay here honey" he says his face filled with concern, Dale climbs down the ladder. "Did you kill him?!" Dale asks, "No, just got some answers" I hear Daryl say, "We should talk inside" Rick says and I saw everyone go inside. 

"Don't worry Teddy, they're probably talking about adult stuff." I say to Teddy while facing the field, I see a figure. Is that Dad!? I climbed down the ladder and run with Teddy to Dad, "Dad!?" I call out, Dad Disappears. "Dad?" I say questionably. I run back to the house, near the RV I feel my foot get caught in something and I land on my front, knocking the breath out of me. Trying to cry in pain, only wheezes come out -soon, crying takes over as I catch my breath. 

"Skylar!?" Daryl shouts, I turn to sit up but I cry harder, "Hey, Hey , Hey... you okay?" I hear Daryl coo, I face him and he looks over my body. "You're bleeding.." he says, picking me up while holding Teddy in his hand. "It's okay Skylar" Daryl comforts, I cry quieter. 

"It hurts Daryl..." I say slowly, he calms me down and he walks into the house. "Hershel, can you help for a minute?" Daryl asks, Hershel nods. Daryl puts me in the spare room, and I look at myself. 

I had really bad cuts up my legs and the back of my arms, "Awh, Skylar how did this happen?" Hershel asks, "I saw Daddy by the forest and run over there but then he went so I ran back and tripped over a log or something.." I mumble, hugging teddy. 

"Wait, did you see Dad? As a monster or..." Hershel questions, I look at Daryl "He wasn't a monster -well, he is but didn't look like one. He was wearing what he wore for your 18th birthday- you know, the day he made me swallow the mirror?" I say calmly.

Hershel looked at Daryl in shock, "Wait Sis, did Dad feed you like a broken mirror?" Daryl questions with concern in his voice, I nod in reply. "Didn't he tell you?" I reply, he shakes his head and stands up, leaving. "Let's -eh... get you patched up" Hershel instructs, I nod sadly.

"Is Daryl mad at me?" I ask, "Eh... No, he isn't." Hershel replies, I hear smacking and yelling. I cover my ears and close my eyes, then I open my eyes and see Hershel shaking his head. I uncover my ears and I hear footsteps coming in, "Hershel... Do you know why Daryl is flipping out?" I question, Hershel looks at me then stands and leaves. 

I look at myself and see that I'm all patched up, I jump out of bed with Teddy and walk out the door making sure Rick and Hershel doesn't see. Sneaking passed them, I walked outside where I can see Daryl sitting by the field. I slowly walk over and sit next to him, "Are you upset with me Daryl?" I ask looking up at him and seeing his eyes all red and puffy.

"Not with you -no. With Dad I am." he says, clutching his fists and then turns his head to me, "I just wished I knew so I could help you." he continues, I move myself onto Daryl's lap and rest my head on his shoulder. "You did, you told me to hide and you have always looked after me..." I say reassuringly, "Merle did too, but you're more like a Dad than Dad ever was." I say holding Teddy closer and Daryl. 

"I'll protect you now Skylar... I'll protect you and Teddy..." Daryl comforts, I nod and kiss his cheek.

"Love you Daryl" I say. 

"Love you too Skylar" Daryl replies, I smile.

 "You actually said it!" I yell happily, I giggle. 

"Of course I did."