Chapter Six

Crying into Teddy I cover my ears, hearing a bang and I turn to the door and see a dent

Crying into Teddy I cover my ears, hearing a bang and I turn to the door and see a dent. "Daryl!!!" I scream loudly while tears roam down my tears. I hear shots run out through the building and then the door opens, I scream. 

"Shhh...It's just me" Maggie says, I crawl to her before hugging her. "The Monsters weren't playing!" I say crying into her top, "We better hurry!", Maggie says worriedly before picking me up running out the doors and jumps in the car with me on her lap.

"Glenn, drive!"Maggie shouts before Glenn speeds out the parking lot, Maggie cuddles me. "It's all over now..." Maggie says as she brushes her fingers through my hair. "Shit, that was too close." Glenn says huffing and puffing. "Maggie?" I ask, "Yeah hun?" Maggie replies,  I hold Teddy closer. 

"Is my dad a monster?" I ask, my heart still racing and my memories still raw. "I don't know hun, you have to ask Daryl..." Maggie replies, I sigh. "He acts like one..." I say before leaning against Maggie. 

"We're here." Glenn says before pulling the car to a stop, Maggie holds on to me and gets out. "Took longer than you thought?" Rick says with a rhetorical question while walking up to us, "We got into a...erm.." Glenn stumbles with his words, Rick looks down at me as I stare at Teddy. 

Rick kneels down to me, "You okay Skylar?" he asks and I shake my head in response. "Where's Daryl?" I ask sadly, not wanting to stay away from Daryl any longer. "Let me take you to him" Dale offers as he walks up to us, "Maggie, Glenn, I need to talk with you." Rick sternly says, Maggie puts me down allowing Dale to hold my hand.

He guides me to Daryl's tent and helps me inside, "Daryl, you have a visitor" Dale says trying to sound upbeat, I look down holding Teddy close. "Skylar what's the matter" I hear Daryl say. "Erhhh. Skylar why don't you get your blanket from the RV." Dale suggests and I slowly nod before making my way to the RV, I grab my blanket and drag it across the floor with my head still facing the floor. 

Walking in as Dale walks out I then sit down on the floor and hold Teddy close- leaving the blanket aside, "Skylar, I know what's happened...Are you feeling okay?". I shake my head in response, "They were like Dad." I say shyly and sadly. "They wanted to hurt me..." I continued, as tears made my cheeks wet. "Daryl..? Is Dad a monster?" I ask looking up and Daryl looking at me. 

"I don't know..." he says in reply, "Come cuddle up next to me." he say before I get up and crawl in with Daryl and hold Teddy close. "Night Skylar" he says, "Night night Daryl" I say staring at Teddy. "Do you think Merlena is okay?" Daryl chuckles, "Merle is fine. I know he is.." Daryl says therefore I nod in reply. "Let's sleep then" I mumble as I snuggle into Daryl.

Morning came and I felt Daryl move under me, "Skylar, up you get" I hear a voice say, I get up and see Daryl getting ready. "Let's get some breakfast..."Daryl exclaims, I nod in reply then I hold Teddy in my arms and hold Daryl's hand. 

I sat down next to Carl and Daryl handed me a bowl, I started to eat away at it. "Uhh guys?" Glenn says, making me look up and Daryl looks at me before wiping a bit of food away. "T-There are-Uhhh. There are walkers in the barn..." Glenn announces, I was confused what are walkers? Are they the monsters? How did they get in the barn?