"Stay here. I'll be back." I say before quickly getting up and looking for the papers and documents I had. I shuffle through all the files until I stumble upon the key they left.

Thanks Namjoon.

I bring back the key as he sits there patiently waiting.

"Don't move, okay?"

He shuts his eyes close and tenses up once again as I slowly insert the key into the lock system. Careful not to alarm him, I slowly turn the key making sure nothing gets set off that is not supposed to. The collar looked old and worn out. Who knows how many times it has been used or if it was still working as it should. A few clicks are made before I feel him begin to tremble, his teeth gritting hard. I start to panic a little bit hoping his movement won't set off any of the internal triggers.

"Shhh. It will be fine. Nothing is going to happen." I whisper softly. What did this hybrid have to go through?

The final click opens up the collar as it falls down into my hands. I quickly take the device and throw it away into the garbage along with the key. When I return a smile grows on my face as I watch him rub his fingers over the spot where the collar once was in astonishment. His eyes slightly dilated.

"You can go take a shower now and I'll find some extra clothes and the first aid kit for you" I say before making my way around the house looking for those items.

I set the stuff down outside the bathroom and leave hoping he would figure it out on his own. I head back down to finish up the dishes.

After a while, I get a little impatient as the hybrid takes a while to come out.

I find myself standing in front of the bathroom door. The clothes and the first aid kit are gone, so it's safe to assume he's fine.

I knock a couple times.

"Are you good in there?"

No reply. I guess he really isn't much of a talker.

I sigh, "I'm going to come in if you don't say anything." I wait for about 30 seconds before I muster up the courage to open the door.

The bright lights shine in my eyes as they focus on the creature in front of me.

He stood there staring into the mirror at his bare chest. His body was littered with scars and wounds, ranging from slash marks to puncture wounds to burns. Some faded, some red, all look extremely painful. A quiet gasp escapes my lips causing the hybrid to turn his head towards me.

He takes a step back, then turns around so he won't face me even though I can see his face in the mirror.

"I'll be down in a minute." He says bluntly, but I'm still in shock as I inspect his disfigured back. The most gut wrenching marks are the distinct whip like shapes slashed across his skin. It takes me a second before my mind snaps back into focus. I briefly mutter an, "okay," before I shut the door again. My hand rests on the handle as I think to myself.

Who could've done such a thing to a person? I silently wish I hadn't gone in, but my need to help him has only grown. I settle back downstairs as I wait for him, more patiently this time, to come down. After a while, I hear soft footsteps make their way down to the living area. His loosely fitted black shirt hid all the marks I saw earlier with only the remnants of the collar imprinted on his skin showing. He stands there waiting for something.

"Uh..you can sit down" I say awkwardly as he nods his head and takes a seat. I think about where to start. I have so many things to say and ask but the words are unable to come to me. I look at the time that reads midnight. The windows are pitch black and you can only hear the clicking of the clock.

"You're my new master?" I hear him say. I look up at him as he curiously peers into my eyes. The look on his face almost sends shivers down my spine as he analyzes my behavior and reaction.

"Yeah..I guess so. Although don't call me that. Just call me Y/n" I reply.

I start off with his scars. "Are any of those wounds infected?" I ask.

There's a pause.

"I think some of them are."

Worry flashes over my face as I try to make plans in my head to go to a hybrid hospital. "I can take you to somewhere nearby that can-"

"No." he says harshly.

His muscles are tense and his pupils are constricted. A more feral tone emits from his voice. My heart starts to beat a little quicker from being nervous.

"Maybe... maybe I can call someone here? Those... really need to be treated." I ask him cautiously, not wanting to provoke the hybrid.

He thinks for a moment and then nods his head as I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll call someone in the morning and I'll go ahead and buy you a new collar since the law requires me to. I'm going to head to bed. Do you have a room to sleep in?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"Oh..uh." What does this guy do? Sleep on the floor? Holy shit! Does he sleep on the floor??

"You can take the room next to mine then." I say trying to not act more concerned than I already am. I turn off all the lights and finally head to my room. I catch him just about to walk into the room beside mine.

"Wait!" I call out. He looks at me steadily.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Jimin."

A smile stretches across my face. What a beautiful name for a beautiful hybrid.

"Goodnight Jimin!" I say warmly before walking into my room.