27

I heard a knock at the door, I knew it was Jimmy. "Go away," I sniffled.

"Babe it's me." I heard Giovanna's voice from the other side of the door.

I got up and unlocked the door, returning to the bed.

"How you doing?" she asked and laid next to me.

"Why did they decide to show up now? When I'm my happiest I've ever been." I cried.

"I wish I had an answer." She sighed. "But maybe hear Jimmy out."

"He's on their side," I scoffed.

"Well to be fair Aria, you never really told him your feelings towards your parents. Maybe it's about time you do."

I looked at her and processed everything she said. After a few minutes of silence, I took a breath. "Can you tell him to come here?"

She smiled, relief washing over her. "Yes ma'am. We'll catch up in the morning." She said and left the room. I guess now is the time to open up for once.

~
Jimmy's POV

I heard footsteps, me and Nick both looked up to see Giovanna. The look on her face put me at ease, at least she wasn't giving me her sympathetic face.

"She wants to talk to you so go up there. But Jimmy, hear her out." She said and gave me a small smile.

"Good luck." Nick shouted.

I walked up the stairs and prayed to god my marriage wasn't going to be destroyed. I knew I should've told Aria about her parents reaching out to me, but she was sick and so fragile, I didn't want to stress her out. I reached our bedroom and gently opened the door, she wasn't on our bed, so I knew she was in the bathroom. I sat at the door of our bed, rubbing my hands over my thighs. I heard the water stop running, a minute later she came back out.

"Explain." She said and sat next to me.

"Okay." I took a deep breath and slightly turned to face her. "After the super bowl... Your parents reached out to me. They basically said they seen you in the media, a lot this year, and wanted to reconnect with you. I told them to wait a few months, you were in the hospital and I knew if I told you, you would stress and that would affect your progress." I paused and looked up at her, she shifted in her seat. "After I explained that to them, they sort of just stopped contacting me, so I thought maybe they changed their minds. But when you and Giovanna were at the company today, Diane and Klaus just showed up. I couldn't not let them in and I tried texting you but you didn't pick up. And I know I screwed up, I should've told you. But everything was perfect in our lives, I didn't want to mess it up. Yes, I know you had a right to know-"

"Jimmy, calm down." She interrupted me. "You had parents growing up. I didn't. I felt like it was my fault they left, and I still do. When my uncle took me in, I felt more a burden than family. He never told me why they left no matter how much I asked. My life this past year has been crazy but also the greatest time of my life. For them to just show up out of nowhere, with no wanting or heads up, I mean you can't blame me for my reaction."

"You had every right to act the way you did. But I should've told you." I reached for her hand.

"Yes you should have... But right now, I just need to know who's side you are on, cause I need you now more than ever, especially if I have to fight against them."

I sighed and cupped her face in my hands. "I made vows to you remember?"

She gave me a small smile and nodded her head.

"Then we'll fight this together okay? Just like we did with your cancer."

"Okay." She said.

"I love you," I said and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." She cupped my chin and gave me a small sweet kiss.

~
Instagram

~Instagram

❤️: 6.2 mil 💬: 692,821
@jimmypolo10: For better or for worse💍

2 mil 💬: 692,821@jimmypolo10: For better or for worse💍

❤️: 4.4 mil 💬: disabled

@gkittle46: blessed everyday💙🙊