CHAPTER 2

"Here lets go find a booth" George grabbed my arm and led me to a booth that was very secluded from the rest of the party. I looked back and seen Alyssa and Jimmy engaging in small talk while trailing behind a very energetic Kittle.

"We can discuss business later, me and Jimmy boy came to have fun" George smiled.

"Us too" Alyssa agreed as she slid next to George, leaving jimmy by me. Great.

"So how old are you Aria?" Jimmy asked me.

"Twenty two" I replied.

"Really" he asked, surprised again! Okay what's with this guy?

"Yeah. Is that a problem or something?" I adjusted my seat to look at him properly.

"Chill out, we're having fun aren't we?"

"Anyways you guys should come over to our new place tomorrow, we're celebrating before we have to get back to work-" George was saying before he was rudely interrupted.

"Aria Newman is that you?" I looked up and seen, oh god Leo.

"Leo.." I faked a smile. "Long time no see." Thank Jesus that Jimmy was seating on the end so I don't have to get up to greet him.

"Alyssa said you might stop by" he smirked.

"Oh she did?" I smiled through my gritted teach and shot Alyssa daggers.

"Would you fancy getting a drink with me?" Leo asked, that smirk again. Ugh. Barf.

"I would but um.." quick Aria think of something!
"I'm actually here with my new clients! George Kittle and Jimmy Garoppolo, we're actually discussing their sponsorship. Ya know what they say, business before pleasure!" I honestly thought that saying was bullshit but..

"Smart women. Fair enough, I'll text you about another time" he leaned over Jimmy and kissed my cheek. I cringed at the gesture.

Once he was gone, I looked back to Alyssa. "Really?!"

"He was bugging me about you! And technically I said you might stop by! Not that you will!" her eyes were filled with fear.

"When we get out of here, I'm going to kill you" I laughed at her face.

"You can't. You need me to help run that company" Alyssa fires back.

"One less person to pay" I snap back.

"Oh shit" George laughed, getting a kick out of our argument.

"Your boyfriend could have at least asked me to move instead of toppling over me" Jimmy sighed, shaking his head in annoyance.

"He is not my boyfriend!" I say, offended.

"Honey he looks like he's obsessed with you" George butted in.

"What's stopping you from being with him?" Jimmy questioned. Why the fuck is Jimmy Garoppolo interested in my love life?

"Trash personality." Alyssa answers for me. "Leo Carmichael, he just flashes his good looks and money around. Did you know he has three baby mamas?"

"You're kidding right?" I asked her.

She looked at me with wide eyes. I knew that look. It was her, 'oh shit i've said too much' look.

"George lets go get a drink and catch up" she nervously laughed and exited the booth.

"Sooo" Jimmy said. Okay this was awkward.

"Uh, how does it feel to be a quarterback?" I asked. How do you even talk to this man?

"It feels great baby" he looks at me and smiles.

What the hell?

"Flirtatious are we?"

"Don't go feeling special Aria, I say that to everyone."

Ouch.. That surprisingly hurt me more than it should've.

"Why would I feel special?" I scoff.

"You seem a little hurt" he shrugged.

Ring ring!

"Hold that thought" I told him while answering my phone. "Hello? Yes... What do you mean? Are you kidding me ?! No no go home, I'm on my way, I'll stay and find it. You too. Bye."

"Leaving already?" Jimmy joked.

"I have to, my assistant lost one of the papers to my deal with, ugh god" I grabbed one of the shots on our table and took it. I could feel the burning sensation going down my throat. "Excuse me, I have to go. Where's Alyssa?" I ask him, exiting the booth.

"Let her stay and have some fun, I'll take you. We'll find your deal with god!" Jimmy stated. He looked sincere despite his sarcastic comment.

"No that's okay, I'm capable of doing it myself." I reply, scrolling through for phone for Alyssa's number.

"Don't be stubborn Aria" he pulled me into the elevator.

"I'm am not stubborn!" I gasp. I can't believe what I'm doing. I'm going out on the town with the freaking quarterback! What was in that drink?

~
"What does the paper look like?" Jimmy asked as I was frantically looking through folders and desks, all over the office floor building. Needless to say... I gave in and let him tag along, mostly to prove I'm not stubborn.

"It says 'Jardine Matheson Holdings Ltd' bolded at the top with a bunch of terms and agreements attached to it." I explained.

"Is this it?" he asks, holding up the paper I needed all along.

"How the hell did you find it?!"

"I have a few talents" he smirks, coming closer to me.

"And what are your other talents?" I look up at him, now we're face to face, despite the height difference.

"Mind if I show you?"

"Ha, another Leo! Maybe try that on a different girl and you'll get lucky" I snatched the paper from his grasp and winked before walking away.

~

"So you're telling me, you almost basically had sex with the freaking quarterback of the 49ers... but instead played hard to get?!" Alyssa exclaimed. She showed up at the office pretty late and filled me in on her night with George Kittle. With very specific details I really didn't need. Anyways, I told her about Jimmys attempt to get in my pants and she had a lot to say about it.

"Not hard to get! More like I'm not interested. He's handsome no doubt but his attitude makes me want to strangle him. He thinks he can just smirk and have me in his bed the next minute, plus he's an arse about the whole 'women owning a successful business' thing. I sense sexism." I stated.

"Woah! Let's not go that far. But I'm proud of you Aria. Finally your badass side is coming back out" she came over and kissed my cheek. "Any who... George invited us to his place tonight. Can we please go?"

I looked up at her and checked the clock. "What time?"

"Nine."

"Fine but I am not associating with Jimmy in any way." I sighed.

~

TO BE CONTINUED