22

"Just go away like you know how!"

Me, Giovanna, Nick, and Jimmy were all gathered at my house. Well our house. Both couples Giovanna/Nick and Alyssa/George were staying with us. But since Alyssa and George got engage, they were currently house hunting since a baby was on the way.

"Why do you always run away?!" we heard George yell.

"Do you really think I want to stay after this?!" Alyssa shouted.

"We have a child on the way Alyssa! Plus I didn't even do anything wrong!" George exclaimed.

"Sure you didn't, and I don't want to put my child through this shit." She slammed the door.

I knew Alyssa was getting more and more pregnant, which meant hormones raging out of control. We were all taken back because Alyssa and George weren't ones to fight, and if they did, it was mostly in private. We heard footsteps and George appeared at the doorway, he sat down at the couch and sighed.

"You good?" Nick asked him.

"Nah.. Aria what do I do? She's livid with me," he rubbed his hands over his face.

"Well what happened?" I questioned and sat up.

"My ex... She got my phone number from one of my old friends and started texting me a lot. The only reason we broke up was because of distance... And it felt nice to reconcile with her again. We were in the car and she kept texting me and Alyssa, with these hormones, gets annoyed easily now and she picked up my phone and flipped out when she read the messages." He sighed and shook his head.

"Were you maybe getting a little too close to her? I mean there had to be something you guys said that really set her off. Hormones or not Alyssa won't explode like that." I said.

"Yeah it takes a lot to get her to that point," Giovanna added.

"I- I guess we flirted a little bit. But she's harmless, me and her were planning on getting married but distance got in the way. Then I was being checked out by scouts so my focus turned to football. It just felt good to talk to her again, I mean cmon, Jimmy didn't Mia have a special place in your heart?" George said.

I turned to Jimmy. He looked at me then back at George, he was fuming. "The fucks your problem? You're really going to say that in front of my wife? Have some respect dude."

"Guys we should all just calm down.." Giovanna said.

"I'm just saying, at one point in your life she did-"

"Seriously George? Bro just shut up. That's really disrespectful you're gonna bring that up. In case you forgot, I'm married. I respect my wife, and you should too." Jimmy stood up and stormed off.

"What's up with you? You know better than to bring that name up." Nick shook his head and went after Jimmy.

"So you flirted with your ex? While you just proposed to Lyss, and she's carrying your son." I said and stood up. "I'll be surprised if she takes you back.. Gio, cmon." Me and Giovanna left to Alyssa's room.

I knocked gently and heard shuffling from the other side. Alyssa opened the door and her eyes somewhat brightened at mine and Giovanna's presence. Her under eyes were puffy and her nose was red.

"He filled you in?" she asked and walked to her bed.

I closed the door and followed her, "yeah. Wanna talk about it?"

"We're here if you do," Giovanna rubbed her back gently.

"They were together for a long time... She's actually here in San Francisco," she looked down and began to cry. "I just thought he was different."

"He is love, you know he is. He's confused right now, I mean she shows up out of nowhere after all these years. But he still shouldn't have gone along and flirted." I told her.

"She sounds like that bitch ex who just wants her five minutes of fame cause he's a big football player now. It doesn't make sense, he's a public figure, she obviously should know he's not only expecting a child with you, but that you're engaged." Giovanna added.

"Yeah... I know. I just can't believe her went along with it," she gulped.

"You'll get through it," me and Giovanna said at the same time causing all of us to laugh.

~
The next day

"Hey. Can we talk?" Jimmy asked me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I sat down next to him.

"It's two things actually..." he looked at me and then took my hand in his. "One, about what George said yesterday.. she never had any place in my heart. The spot was already reserved. At the time I didn't know why it wasn't her but now I know, in the back of my mind I was saving it for you." He smiled.

"Awe, that's a relief," I said and caressed the side of his face. "Okay but you're being way too sweet so what do you want?"

He chuckled, "This whole baby stuff with Lyss and George really is giving my baby fever. We never talked about it but... do you want to have kids?"

My mouth went dry, I was wondering when this question would come up. "I am too scared.. because mine left me, and I still have no idea why. And I'm afraid of screwing things up if I ever had a kid." I confessed.

"Baby that's the part of being a parent. You screw up but you learn from it. I can so picture a mini me and a mini you mixed together, running through this house. Can't you?"

I looked around our big house. I realized how empty and quiet it was. Sure it was nice but, do I really want it to be like this forever? Then suddenly it hit me. I began seeing me and Jimmy walk through the front door carrying our baby. Maybe this was a sign.

I looked at Jimmy. "Let's wait at least three months to see how I'm doing, health wise. And if I'm good then, yeah, we'll make a baby."

He smile grew wider, he jumped up and scooped me in his arms, lifting my feet off the floor and spinning and. "Thank you. I love you Mrs. Garoppolo." He kissed my lips.

"I love you too, Mr. Garoppolo." I kissed him back.

I never knew you could love someone so much. I looked and Jimmy and just cherished the moment. His smile made me smile. Whenever I sensed his presence, it gave me butterflies. The little things made my heart warm. That moment, I knew, this was forever.

~
TO BE CONTINUED