Chapter Sixteen

~9 Months Later~

*Clarissa*

It had been hours now and the pain was excruciating. The only thing that kept me from losing myself in it, was Arrow's hand squeezing mine in comfort.

"It's okay, Clarissa, we're almost there," Artemis assured me.

I felt Arrow's lips on my hand.

"You're doing so well, agápi mou," he told me.

"I promise it's worth it," Hera assured me.

But their words did little to comfort me as I struggled through the pain, trying to bring my daughter into this world.

Finally, I let out a cry of pain and then I heard a loud high pitched cry. I let out a sigh of relief as my pain vanished.

A couple of nymphs cleaned the small infant up and Artemis wrapped her in a blanket before handing her to me.

"Congratulations," Hera told us.

"Thank you," Arrow replied softly as he wrapped his arms around us both.

Hera, Artemis, and the nymphs vanished and I turned to Arrow.

"Are we still in agreement about her name?" I asked.

"I think so," he replied, "Are you alright? You seem exhausted."

"I am," I admitted.

Arrow kissed my head.

"Get some sleep, agápi mou," he told me, "I'll go show her off."

I nodded and handed our daughter to him before closing my eyes. The last thing I heard before drifting off to sleep was the sound of the door opening and closing.

*Arrow*

*Arrow*

I reached the living room of the lake house and found Soren, Rosalie, Davina, Calix, Ryder, and Avalon sitting there. They all looked up when they saw me and Davina was the first to speak.

"How is she?" she asked.

"She's fine," I replied, "Exhausted, but fine."

"Is that...?" Rosalie trailed off as her eyes landed on the small infant in my arms.

I smiled.

"Everyone, it is my honour and privilege to present the newest member of our family, Adriana Mortane," I told them.