Chapter Two

*Clarissa*

I woke up the next day, sick to my stomach. I wasn't sure if I was still shaken from my journey into the past yesterday, but whatever it was, it was making my stomach turn in a very unpleasant way. I covered my mouth and jumped out of bed. I rushed to the bathroom and knelt in front of the toilet before emptying the contents of my stomach into it.

Maybe this was just nerves. After all, we were supposed to face Eris and Hemera today and buy Nemesis time to steal the shield.

The plan was simple. Davina, Avalon, Rosalie, and I would go out and call out for Eris and Hemera, challenging them. The two of them wouldn't resist the chance to fight us and so they'd show themselves. Then, we'd stall and keep them busy while Nemesis went to steal the shield.

We needed to get that shield out of Eris' hands. We needed to take away her ability to petrify humans. She needed to be shown that we weren't afraid of her. Not anymore. She needed to know that we wouldn't allow her to hurt mortals anymore. 

As I brushed my teeth and got ready, I thought about Arrow. I longed to see him. I needed to look into his eyes and make sure he was okay. This curse was going to be difficult for him, not because he couldn't handle being away from me, but because the darkest parts of his mind still tortured him sometimes. Arrow regretted a lot of the things he'd done and I knew that regret would be affecting him right now.

I needed to see him, but I knew that I needed to help the others with the plan first. I'd be able to see Arrow after. I felt his shadows wash over me, as if he agreed with that thought.

I went downstairs and found the others waiting for me.

"Ready?" I asked them. They all nodded. "Then let's go."

Nemesis vanished and the rest of us melted away into the shadows.

We appeared in the main square

We appeared in the main square. I looked around and saw that no one was in the square aside from us.

"Where is everyone?" Rosalie asked.

"I can sense fearful emotional auras behind the doors. People are terrified of what's going on," Davina replied.

"Rose we'll need another memory altering spell once this is over," I told Rosalie. She nodded. I turned to the others. "I'm going to summon them. Everyone ready?" Avalon, Rosalie, and Davina nodded. I took a deep breath and turned to the sky. "She who is the embodiment of strife and discord, and she who is the primordial embodiment of day, the Fated Four challenge you both! Come and face us if you have the courage!"

There was a flourish of shadow and a burst of light and then Eris and Hemera appeared. Eris' eyes were burning with fury.

"You dare challenge the Goddess of Strife and Discord?!" she demanded, "You are nothing!"