Chapter Four

*Clarissa*

I stayed with Arrow for the rest of the night and the next day I went out to the lake to watch the sunrise. Seeing the sky turn orange and pink as the sun rose gave me a sense of peace. But it didn't answer any of my questions. That power I'd felt around me, wasn't my own, and it wasn't Arrow's, but it felt familiar. It felt like a mix of my own power and Arrow's. Maybe I was drawing on his power subconsciously because I missed him.

Whatever it was, I knew my Mom knew something about it. And if she didn't, she must have had some suspicions.

"Clary?" I heard a voice call out and soon Nemesis was standing beside me. "Are you okay?" I didn't blame her for her asking. I was incredibly pale. I wasn't sure why, but part of me assumed it had something to do with whatever was going on with my powers.

"I'm fine, Nemesis," I assured the Goddess of Retribution, "Just a little tired."

"Maybe you should sit out training today then," she suggested.

"You know I can't," I replied, "Not with Eris still out there."

"Clary, you need to look after yourself too," Nemesis told me, "You won't be able to fight if you're feeling off. Maybe see if Rose has a potion you could take?"

I nodded and went inside, feeling Nemesis' concerned gaze on me as I went.

I walked down to the vault, where Rosalie did all her potion mixing and as I walked I thought I heard a small girl's voice.

"Tell me a story, please," it pleaded.

"What?" I asked, "Who said that?"

I wasn't sure why I was so surprised. Shadows and spirits whispered to me on a daily basis. But there was something about this voice that warmed my heart. I felt a need to protect the owner of this voice.

I heard a laugh and then the voice fell silent.

I reached the vault and entered to find Rosalie sitting on the couch, reading.

"Hey Rose," I greeted her, "What are you reading?"

"The Primordial Gods," she replied, "I think I found a way to take down Hemera."

"How?" I asked, completely forgetting about the potion I was supposed to ask her for.

"Let's gather the others and I'll explain," Rosalie replied.

We went up to the living room and Rosalie gathered the others. Once they arrived and sat down, Rosalie began telling us what she'd discovered.

"We need a way to bring down Hemera, so I've been doing some research," she admitted.

"And what did you find?" Avalon asked.

"I figured out how we can stop her," Rosalie told us.

"Well don't keep us in suspense, Rose," Nemesis told the daughter of Hecate, "Tell us."

"Every Primordial God has a weakness," Rosalie replied, "And that means that Hemera isn't invincible. We just need to figure out her weak spot."