II.onward home(?)

Start from the beginning

Out of the blue, Genesis' fascination with her freckles caused him a spot in hell for he was curious whether all those trails lead up to.

It was almost three hours after by the time she had awoken from her slumber, squinting her eyes, her hair sticking in every direction, she looked like an enchantress.

Agatha blushingly wiping away saliva in the corner of her mouth did not escape his escape, causing him to look sideways, suppressing a grin.

"So-sorry for delaying the journey," uttered Agatha, her eyes downcast.

Shaking his head, he replied, "Don't worry about that, you could sleep more if you want,"

Hurriedly waving her hand off, she responded, "Oh, no need, Mr. Wi-williams, really,"

Genesis merely nodded at her, "Genesis would be fine, there's no use in formalities now,"

Agatha seems to blush at that but commented nothing, instead, she replied with a simple nod.

After Agatha had eaten her meal, the two of them left the inn, walking side-by-side, feeling gazes boring behind their backs.

She must've thought they'll go straight to the buggy now considering her confusion when Genesis halted before a women's clothing store.

He caught her shifting her gaze from the store to her, confusion evident in her features.

"Go ahead and buy clothes for yourself, sweetheart," stated Genesis, nodding his head off to the store.

Agatha was glued in her spot, as if not registering the words her ears picked up.

Genesis could tell she was embarrassed, causing him to somehow be embarrassed as well for it wasn't his intention to insult her.

"I meant no offense, Agatha. It was just that...I mean, this is the nearest civilization from the ranch so you better buy all that you need," he explained, struggling for words as he goes along.

"I am co-content with what I have, Mr. Willi- Genesis," she responded, her eyes downcast once more.

'pretty shy one this girl is,' thought Genesis for the nth time since the two of them met.

"I insist, Agatha. Five dresses would be fine,"

Lifting her head, stunned, "Fi-five dresses? What would I do with tho-those many dresses?"

Shrugging, "Wear them, I guess?"

Genesis is no stupid. He knew the girl hadn't lived a fancy life to afford such fancy clothing. Been there, done that.

Still, he cannot help but pity the girl. Judging from the lightness of her carpetbag he's carrying right now, two dresses are inside.

He could tell she was debating herself regarding his proposition, sighing, he muttered, "Please,"

Still torn, she replied, "I'll ju-just buy a fabric, Sir. That would be fine, I'll just do the sewing and all,"

Genesis knew Agatha meant no harm in choosing to buy a piece of fabric instead of a ready-to-wear dress. He knew she was not underestimating his financial capabilities, she was just...merely shy, he guesses?

"Three fabrics of your choice would be great," he bartered, smiling.

Agatha seems stunned at his preposition, "the-three fabrics, you mean, Sir? What would I do with such many fabrics?"

"sew them, I guess?" was the only reply Genesis could muster, causing the corner of her lips to switch up.

At the view of her smiling face, his heart skipped a beat. Indeed, he had never seen such beauty as hers. A small dimple appears on the sides. Her eyes twinkled. Her pretty little nose turned up.