***

After a couple hours of surfing we laid in the hammock together, holding hands. Ara was cuddled up to me. We laid there in silence to take in the peaceful sounds of wind in the palm trees and waves crashing. "Ryan, may I ask you something?" Ara says softly. I looked down at her as I played with her damp hair, warmly telling her "You know you can always ask me anything." Slowly moving her head up, looking captivatingly lovestruck into my eyes, in the most soothing, gentle lovestruck voice she asks "What about me made you fall so hard for me?" I'm glad she asked me that question. While my heart is fluttering as I'm also feeling butterflies, I admired her. From how she asked that and the tone of her voice to the pure passion in her porcelain doll-like face and breathtaking, twinkling blue almond-shaped eyes. As I gazed into her soul I caressed her delicate and pale cheek, I spilled all of my emotions out. "There is a different energy to you. You radiate a very unique feeling of liveliness. You are so young yet you are as wise as the old man of the village. Seeing how you do things in a slightly unconventional way. You do everything in an unconventional way shows you have a unique way of going about life. You choose to do your own thing without giving a shit 'bout what anyone has to say. How generous you are with always asking me if I need anything or how I'm feeling. I've learned things about myself with your writings, physical moral support/deep moments like right now. You are brilliant. You are generous, courageous, thoughtful, polite, take-no-shit lady. How you go about with day-to-day life during shitty moments shows how resilient you are." Ara looked like she was about to cry with how happy she is. I somewhat squeezed her tightly to give her a hug as we cuddled in the hammock. "I mean every word I say to you, babe. I am so in love with you." "I am so very in love with you, Ry." She cooed. Her phone vibrated and checked it. "Ugh my parents apparently have a benefit dinner tonight and she needs me there and I need a date. We both gotta dress up and it's gonna fucking suck." Ara groaned as she got out of the hammock. "What's the benefit for?" I asked as I got out of the hammock as well, both of us heading in. "Mom and dad own a company. They try to get more companies to work with and high-end clients and bullshit like that. They will every once in a very while hold an extravagant thing depending for what company or client it is." "That sounds a bit dumb." I laughed. Looking at me with annoyance about the benefit stuff, she scoffed while saying "It's so fucking fun." Her sarcasm is great.
Ara and I showered. She's getting ready in the bathroom. I went to her old room to get changed into pitch black skinny jeans and white button-up dress shirt. Last time I wore a suit was a couple years ago for a friend's wedding. This feels weird after a few years. Once I was all dressed, I headed downstairs to wait for Ara. After 45 minutes she hadn't come down. "Are you ready Ara?" I asked up. Right after I said that she elegantly came down the stairs. My world came to a complete stop. She was wearing a one-sleeved black sparkly evening dress that had cut-outs at her waist. The dress conforms so nicely to her body until her knees where it kinda flares out. Her hair is in an elegant updo. Her eyes were done with a smokey eye; lips were blood red. "And you're a metal vocalist! You look like a completely different person!" I laughed in pure awe. "I feel like a whole other person and honestly I don't like it." She laughed. I kissed her cheek then we left. I drove us to the estate that this is held at. I'm nervous about meeting her parents. At least they won't be able to see my sleeve since I'm wearing long-sleeves. I hope they like me. Mona and I discussed that until we got to the estate. When we got out she saw her parents talking to some people. "Good thing to remember with my parents is they are very laid back people but if you distract or disrupt them when they're talking to people at events like this: it's best you don't distract or disrupt them." She whispered to me once her dad saw us and approached us. Ara has his eyes. "There's my beautiful girl!" Stephen excitedly gleamed while hugging her tightly. "You must be Ryan?" Rosemary asks me. I'm really anxious right now. "Yes ma'am." I replied trying to hide nervousness. "We've heard nothing but absolutely great things about you. Better than what we heard/saw about Josh around this length of time. Oh! I'm Rosemary! Anyway enough rubbish about that one guy." She explained. Stephan let go of Ara to shake my hand and introduce himself. I'm so fucking nervous. I have really bad anxiety and don't do well in crowds. Yes, I'm a touring musician and struggle with the public. "I'm Stephen. It's nice to meet you Ryan." He says gladly. "Nice to meet you, sir." I reply anxiously. Ara sensed the anxiousness and held my hand. She knows how to instantly help calm me down. I looked at her to see she had a subtle assuring smile. Where has this girl been all these years? I have needed a woman like her. I love her so much. We continued on with the night of painful socialising. Rosemary took some cute pictures of me and Ara that I will definitely post. I don't post on social media at all though pics of me and Ara are definitely getting posted. She's stunning. The female pianist/singer came to Ara and whispered something in Ara's ear. Ara said yes to whatever was asked. "What's going on, love?" I asked Ara. "Sara wants me to take over on piano and singing for a little bit so she can take a break." Ara replied sounding a bit nervous. "You got this babe! You're gonna do great." I hyped her up while hugging her. Ara gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting sitting at the piano on the terrace. The soft yet bright gold lighting hitting her face and features makes her extra stunning. With it pretty much being dark now the lighting is more dramatic. Ara smiled at me and the massive crowd that's here. I felt my phone in my pocket buzz as she started playing the piano. It was John.
John: How's it going in California?
Me: It's going really good. Right now we're at some bullshit shindig for her parents' company. She hates these things yet has to be here for them because of her parents.
John replied though I couldn't answer as Ara was singing something that's soft jazz. Her voice is so silky and heavenly. I am in a trance. This girl can do gutturals and polyphonic overtones and go absolute batshit crazy on stage and now she's in an elegant evening dress performing soft jazz. Seeing how she gets so passionate into the music is beautiful. She becomes one with the music. I had to take pictures of her and a couple recordings of her performing. I can't stop smiling at her. I am so happy and in love. When we end the trip at the beach house for two weeks I am definitely asking her to be my girl. I want her to be mine.

***

Ara and I got back to her place after a few hours. We smoked and cuddled in bed. "You handled the bullshit night so well Ryan. I'm proud of you." She sleepily cooed. I looked at her precious face, kissing her forehead. Those four words are something so new to me. My heart is skipping beats. I am falling so hard for her. Holding her closer to me, I sleepily said "Thank you, sweet baby. It really means a lot. I must say I'm just as proud of you. You handled the night well and put on quite the performance." I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead as she smiled and dozed into a deep sleep. "I am in love with you Samara. I love everything about you—down to your core. You are my girl." I yawned as I drifted away.