Someone Is Outside

-Russia POV-

Russia had turned away, but glanced back now. America was crying. The Russian stepped closer, awkwardly standing over America. He wanted to reach down and comfort him, but wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. The American had seemed vey angry at him. Maybe it was best to leave him alone.

The country turned away again and checked the door. It was still locked. He was lucky Ukraine and him had seen America walking down the hall. He didn't know what would have happened if they had found him first. Father, why are you like this? Russia sighed. He had hoped that NATO could've kept Soviet away, but he supposed even NATO couldn't stop his father. Nothing Russia had done over the years had even made Soviet flinch.

Russia glanced back at America as he heard a sob and the splatter of something on the ground. Russia walked over cautiously. What the hell is going on with him? He reached out and froze as he saw something drip down his face. A black liquid was dribbling down from his eye which was the same thick blackness. The splatter was the liquid hitting the ground. It looked almost like blood, other than the color. Russia almost gagged, but managed to stop it.

He reached out and pulled America close. The smaller country tensed up under his grip but soon relaxed. He was crying but his black eye was wide open, still dripping the oozing black liquid. Russia had heard that some countries would get that, but it was rare. He had only seen it once.

Years ago, Soviet wasn't like he was now. But he had also had that disease. The black liquid had terrified young Russia. Even now, it sent shivers down his spine. Soviet had tried to make his son understand what it was and it wasn't terrible, but Russia had always run away when his father started crying the black liquid. Soviet had lost that eye to Finland in the second world war. After that, Russia's father had changed. The black disease was gone, but a new one took over Soviet. Something that had changed the loving father to what he was now.

Russia gripped onto the American. He tried to clean the blackness from Ame's face so it wouldn't get into his throat and choke him. America's fingers gripped onto the Russian, shivering violently. Russia ran his hand over the red and white stripes of the shivering America's face. He hoped desperately that no one would find them here. He hoped his father would not find them here. Then everything would be for nothing.

A bang jerked Russia from his mind. He heard screaming outside the room. Shit. Russia picked America up and laid him on one of the beds in the storage room. America whimpered, still shivering. Russia sighed and put a blanket over the American, and gave him a pillow. He then tried to look outside of the room. NATO was screaming outside, but that's all Russia could see from the window. He was about to open the door when his phone beeped. He glanced down; it was Ukraine.

"Stay hidden, father is out here. NATO is trying to stop it. If you can, try and get out" Russia froze. He didn't respond. Ukraine knowing he read it would be enough. Russia turned back to America. He was still shivering on the bed, a pool of the liquid underneath his head. Russia walked over to him, running one hand over his face. Ame flinched, but one of his hands came up and gripped Russia's. He felt his face heat up. Not now, I need to get America out of here. Russia reached down and picked up the shivering American. He reached up and touched Russia's face and neck, seemingly trying to find something to hold onto. Russia internally screamed as he turned to the back wall. Thank god there is a window.

Russia carefully opened the window. He wanted to make as little noise as possible. America was still clutching onto Russia, but he looked like he had no idea what he was holding onto. Russia smiled softly as he made his way onto the ledge. The pair were probably ten feet above the ground. Great. Russia knew he could probably jump down himself, but America was still shivering and in a terrible state in his arms. Jumping down with him could cause something bad.

A bit down the ledge, a tree hug next to the side of the hospital. One of its long arms reached down close to the ground. Russia carefully maneuvered himself to the tree, laying America stomach down on the branch. He dropped down from the ledge and reached up, pulling America down from the tree. Probably wasn't the safest course of action, but it wasn't like there were many options laying themselves out. Russia turned around to an angry Fin standing in front of him, car door open.