Could Be Loved

MMMMM Yes I'm going to be hated for this

-Russia POV-

The tall country trudged down the hall. He jostled at Canada's door, and felt a bit relieved as it was locked. He continued down the hallway, reaching the elevator, and raised his hand to call it, but the door opened at that moment. Russia gasped, backing away from the door. A massive figure stood in its way, easily a few inches taller than Russia, and much bulkier. The man reached out, pushing Russia against the back wall, and gripping his wrist. The Russian whimpered, covering his mouth as the wrist cracked under the pressure.

"Where is your sister?" Soviet growled, crushing his son's arm more in the grip. Russia hissed, finally looking up at his father and mustering all the confidence he had.

"I told her to run." Russia spat at him angrily. The taller country's face contorted in anger, shoving Russia back against the wall, his shoulder getting dislocated in the painful process. Russia screamed, giving up trying to hush himself. Tears spilt up around the edges of his eyes, beginning to scatter down his face.

Russia was dropped to the ground. He could hear screaming coming from one side of him. The second he recognized Ukraine's voice, he scrambled to his feet, adrenaline rushing to his legs. He looked to where the screaming was and stopped. Canada was on the ground, slightly curled around his stomach as blood pooled up under him. He didn't move, one hand lay out limp in front of him. Ukraine was the one screaming, kicking at her father as he held her against the wall, cursing at her. Russia ran forward as he slapped her across the face. Soviet turned and grabbed Russia's neck, stopping him there. The hallway was silent, just the heavy breathing of the three and soft whimpers coming from the limp form on the floor.

Soviet huffed, releasing Russia and pulling Ukraine behind him. Russia began to step towards Canada, but the look from his father pushed him to follow the massive red man. The three entered the elevator, joining two small forms on the ground. Russia leaned down and pulled the younger siblings to himself, forcing tears to stop from falling down his face. He didn't want to worry the children anymore. Kazakhstan and Belarus cuddled up around his legs, Russia carefully pulling off his jacket and wrapping it around the kids.

Ukraine glared daggers at Russia, and he looked away. He knew his sister wouldn't easily forgive him for leaving Canada there, and probably blamed him for their father finding the little ones. He had sworn Finland and Iceland could hide them there, but father had found them. He should've chosen a stranger pair, like Japan and South Korea or Spain and Portugal. Father wouldn't have checked them, but was too late now. Russia wished he had hidden his siblings better. Wished he had been able to keep Ukraine safer. Wished he could have helped Canada fight off his father.

The elevator stopped, and Soviet pulled Ukraine out. Russia followed, holding his siblings close to his side. No one was at the front desk. Their father had probably made sure of that. The five stepped outside where a large black vehicle was waiting. Soviet opened the back and forced Ukraine in. He then picked up Belarus and shoved her back as well, where she started crying. Russia carefully placed the youngest in the back next to his sisters, and Soviet slammed his hand on the side of his son's head. Russia winced, shoving down a sharp glare, and got in with his siblings. Their father shut the door behind him, and the tall country held his brother and sisters close to him, not even Ukraine fighting his hug.

The ride was silent. Russia held his youngest siblings, Ukraine pulling away from him. He let her. One of his large hands ran over Kazakhstan's golden wings, wishing he still had his flight feathers. Then at least him and Bel could get away. But Soviet had clipped Kaz's wings, even with Russia trying to insist it was better to keep them.

Bel cautiously glanced up at her oldest brother. Russia smiled down at her, running his hand over her face. He said nothing, just staring at the painted bandages she kept over half her face. Father had punished her for something, but Russia couldn't remember what. He had tried to stop Soviet, but Bel had already lost her eye when he got there. Ukraine had been so scared. Kaz couldn't remember it, luckily. The poor eagle child didn't need anymore bad memories to haunt him.

He just hoped he could get them somewhere safe soon.

789 Words~