In The Beginning

(Here is my first RusAme Fanfic, hope its not too bad. And also, if any of you have ideas please go ahead and comment, I'll see if I like any of them! I don't know when I'll be posting, but I'll try at least twice a week. Thank you all, and Keep Smiling!)

America stood in front of the tall building. His glasses sat haphazardly on his nose, slightly twisted. The short country corrected him, his face cold and stern. Behind that vacant expression, however, Ame was a mess. After removing his neutrality in the past two World Wars, he couldn't really hide in his estate any longer. Even he knew that now, he had to join them all, here, in massive building. Eight stories tall, the complex went out hundreds of feet in each direction. Though America knew he could still go home when he needed it, this place was still massive, and seemed like a prison.

America hadn't really done much with other countries since his Independence from his father's estate. Even is adopted mother, France, saw little of the country. Canada and Mexico were the only ones to ever see him, and that's only because they were neighbors, and Canada was his brother. And then World War One happened.

He had wanted to stay out of it at first, and still did his best to, but after the death of his people, his family, not even America could ignore the war. And that decision to join World War One might have been the only reason the war ended with Britain and his side winning.

After that, the giant superpower went back into hiding, mostly keeping out of the European countries' lives other than some loans. Even then, everyone knew when his economy crashed.

Not long after that, World War Two started. This time, America was less sticky with being neutral, helping Britain out with food and other. Even then, he had wanted to stay out of most of it, still struggling after the Great Depression. The Empire of Japan had other ideas, however.

Everyone remembered that day, the day they truly saw the power of the loner, America. No one had expected him to get back up after his attempted murder, and the murder of many of his people. The country had harshly come back however, and with a vengeance.

After America joined the war, it was over. Italy fell, then Germany, and finally Japan, in on of the most destructive things the world had ever seen. America had dropped his new weapon, his super weapon, on Japan's home. He didn't stand a chance after that.

America had tried to go back to his estate, to hide in his home, but after what happened, he couldn't just disappear like he had before. Even after World War One, he had barely disappeared with all the fame and fortune he had gained from it.

So here he was, A small superpower that had ended two World Wars. Ame hadn't wanted to come here, to the building, but it wasn't like he had much of a choice. Even he knew that his time of hiding was up.

The short country stepped into the building; a bag slung over his shoulder. A tall, winged woman sat behind the shiny wooden desk. A pair of clear reading glasses with a golden rim sat on her small, petite nose. America coughed softly into his hand, and the woman looked up. She had soft, round features, her eyes a milky white. She smiled softly at America, her tired eyes creasing. America shivered. The UN still put the country on edge. Even if she was no country of her own, she still had more power than anyone else here. She was the Headmaster, of course.

"United States, I am glad you have arrived. We were beginning to worry that you would not show up," She purred, a hint of malice and disgust etched in her voice. America nodded and huffed softly. The woman frowned, placing a small file and key in front of America.

"The rules are simple. No skipping classes, no leaving the premise without the knowledge of me or NATO. And do not, I repeat do not, start any fights here. Am I clear?" She said, with the same sour tipped sweetness. America nodded stiffly again, grabbing the file and keys, and shuffled off.

America pulled out his keys, checking the number. 417. Top floor of the dormitories. Any floors above that were classrooms or laboratories. The eighth floor, however, was the meeting room. Ame snorted, stepping into the elevator with two other countries by his side. The smallest glanced up at America, his one golden eye almost glowing. The other country grabbed the smaller one, pulling him closer. America barely flinched, gripping his bag tighter. Clearly the other countries knew who he was, and were afraid. It didn't bother Ame too much, he didn't want the company anyway.

The two countries got off on the third floor, and another country joined America in the elevator. It was a tall country, seeming at least a foot and a half taller than Ame, with broad shoulders and a blank expression. His flag was all red, a small golden symbol on an eyepatch on the countries right eye. America said nothing, moving slightly to one side of the elevator. The country looked down, scoffed, then looked away again. America definitely recognized the intimidating country, but couldn't think of who it was.

America stepped out of the elevator, turning down the hall. The massive country did nothing to follow him, but stayed in the elevator. Ame finally reached his room, opening it with his key. The small country stepped inside the dark room. He could hear someone shuffling in the corner. America frowned. He had hoped that the rooms would be private, but seemingly the countries were paired up. Ame reached his hand over and turned on a light.

A tall country stood in the corner, his hands resting on a desk, messy with papers. The country was nearly as tall as the one in the elevator, and had the same build as him. He turned his head, eyes dark from lack of sleep. His flag was almost identical to the one in the elevator as well, but had a blue stripe on one side, and no eyepatch. America gulped, stepping slowly into the room. The massive country snorted, waving his hand dismissively, then looked back down at the papers.

Ame walked to the empty side of the room, across from the tall country. He dropped his bag on the bed, opening the bag. Its contents spilled over the bed, clothes and tech splayed across the sheets. The country in the corner looked up, then blinked, narrowing his eyes, confused. America waved nervously, correcting his glasses again. The country stood straight up, walking over to Ame, and standing before him. America gulped, pulling at his short collar.

1162 Words~