Scene 17- The Astronomy Tower

Start from the beginning

"What is this George?," I ask, pointing at all of it. 

"I guessed you might be hungry," he runs a hand over his shirt, pointing towards the blanket: "Do you wanna take a seat?" 

This can't be happening, I huff a bit but sit down regardless. He does the same and smiles at me warmly.

"Don't worry, you can go anytime," he reassures me: "So please don't hex me." He adds when he sees that I have put out my wand. 

I have to hold back a smirk: "Don't worry, I just wanted to put it here. Right now you are still save." 

"Then we don't want to mess this up, do we?," he grins opening the basket. 

I cross my legs and watch him putting out pastries, breads, cakes and when my eyes land on a bottle of fire whiskey I let out a breath of relief and snatch it from him.

"Shouldn't you wait at least until after the- okay that's also a way to go," George laughs looking at me. 

I look at him, wiping some whiskey from my lips. I straightly drank out of the bottle, I need to calm my nerves. 

"So you will just keep the bottle from now?," he teases. 

"Oh hell yes," I take another gulp and feel the warmth inside of me emerge.

"Good thing I have butter beer then," he mumbles opening his bottle. 

"How did you get all of this?," I ask grabbing a pastry. 

"Let's keep it simple, I have very good connections to the house elves," he says, helping himself to some bread.

"They have to like you a lot to give you fire whiskey," I say looking at him.

"Like I said before, I'm charming." 

"Believe it if it makes you feel better," I reach for some fruits. 

Soon I look up to feel his gaze on me: "What?" 

"Nothing, it's just I would have never guessed we both would sit here one day having a normal conversation." 

"Don't make me regret it Weasley." 

"I won't, promise," he sounds honest.

For some time it's quiet and we eat, the house elves made a great job. Soon all the pastries are gone. I fish into my pockets for the Galleon and give it to him. 

"Here before I forget the reason why I'm here." 

He takes it and eyes it closely, when he's convinced it's the right one he puts it back.

"So?," I look at him for an explanation. 

"So what?," he asks confused. 

I roll my eyes: "Why is this coin so important now?" 

"Oh, I hoped you would wait a little longer," he takes a large sip from his beer, now it's empty. "Before I am telling you, you have to promise me, that you won't tell a single soul about this." 

"Stop making such a big deal about it," I sigh: "Just tell me why the coin changed and heated and whatever it did there." 

"Anne really, you need to promise me that I can trust you with this."

Something in his tone makes me believe that he isn't joking, so I nod: "Fine, I promise. I won't say a single word to anybody." 

"Especially not to Umbridge," he says again.

I narrow my eyebrows: "I try to avoid that bitch, she's the last one I would go to with literally everything." 

I take a sip from the fire whiskey to get her out of my mind. I offer the bottle to him and he thankfully takes it and takes a sip himself. He coughs a bit and puts the bottle down.