As You Wish

The Marianos arrived back at their home, the adults not having said a word while the children talked excitedly about nonsense in the back.

When they got back in the house, Liv ushered them upstairs while Jess walked into the kitchen. She followed him, and gasped as she saw him pull out a bottle of whisky from the back of a cupboard they didn't use.

"Jess, we agreed -"

"Not to have alcohol in the house because of your problem, I know," he finished, "but I just need one because right now I need to calm down, okay?"

Liv nodded, waiting for him to finish his drink before walking over to him and hugging him. He hugged her back, pulling her closer to him by her waist.

"I'm sorry about them, honey," Liv mumbled into his shoulder.

"No, baby, I'm sorry you have to put up with that because I'm not good enough for you. They want someone who they approve of for you, and I'm sorry they don't approve of me because I'm nowhere near what should be your standards," Jess sighed, holding her tighter.

"Hey, that's not true! Jess, my love, you have given me everything I could have ever asked for. A gorgeous home, three beautiful children, a happy life. You're good enough for me okay?" She pulled back, looking into his eyes.

"I love you. Let's go and get the kids into bed and have an early night," Jess suggested.

Liv laughed, "yeah, after we've fed them. We left before we ate, remember?"

Jess sighed, "I'll order pizza."

"You're the best. I'm gonna see if the kids are okay, and then we'll be down. Get a film ready and we'll all watch it when we come down," Liv said, "oh, let's watch The Princess Bride. That'll cheer everyone up."

"As you wish," Jess winked.

"Get a move on, farm boy," Liv laughed.

"As you wish."

(A/N: if you haven't watched/read The Princess Bride, what have you been doing with your life? Do it!!)

Liv rolled her eyes, grinning, and went upstairs. The kids were all in their pyjamas, and talking quietly.

"What are you three plotting?" Liv said from the doorway, startling them slightly.

"Mommy, can we ask you a question?" Ava asked, nervously.

"Of course you can," Liv smiled, sitting on the edge of Ava's bed.

"Why doesn't Grandma Emily like daddy?" James asked.

Liv sighed, "Grandma Emily is very different to us. When me and daddy first became boyfriend and girlfriend she was very unhappy, because she thinks that me being in love with someone like daddy will make people think bad things about me and our family. But that's not true, okay? All that matters is that he loves me and you three more than everything, and he will do anything to look after us, won't he?" They nodded, "as long as we remember that, nothing else matters. And Grandma Emily said some things that made daddy upset tonight, so we're going to go downstairs, eat pizza and watch a film to make us all feel better."

"Can we watch The Princess Bride?" Jessica asked.

"You're definitely my children," Liv laughed.

"Grandma Emily's mean," James sighed, angrily, "how can anyone not like daddy?"

"She's not mean, baby, she's just different from us. So we just need to make him feel happier tonight, can you do that for me?" They all nodded, "right, I'm going to get my pyjamas on. You all go downstairs and take your pillows and duvets down with you, we'll camp out in the front room tonight, how does that sound?"