Here She Is

Jess sat tapping his foot and chewing the inside of his lip until he could taste blood seeping into his mouth. He thought Lorelai's hand was on his shoulder, but he couldn't feel anything. Everything was numb. The waiting to room he had been dragged to blurred around him as Luke paced up and down, Haley and Tristan (who arrived a short while ago) sat on the one side of him holding hands, and Rory and Logan sat hugging opposite him.

What if he lost her?

What if he lost them both?

He stood up and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Everyone looked at each other in alarm, and Lorelai stood up, "I'll go."

Tristin stood up after her and put his hand on her arm, "let me go," he told her.

Lorelai nodded and sat back down, watching his walk out. She bit her lip and Haley moved over and put her hand round her shoulders, "she's gonna be ok."

Tristin walked down the corridor until he reached Jess who was sat on the floor, his back against the wall. He sighed and sat down next to him, "how you holding up, man?"

"Oh, I'm great," Jess drawled.

"Sorry," Tristin said, "stupid question."

Jess laughed bitterly, "Yeah, it was," he sighed, "I'm being a jerk. I'm just scared, you know? I've already lost one of them, I don't wanna lose my baby or my wife."

Tristin looked down, "I get you. I really do."

Jess shook his head, "no offence, but how can you?"

Tristin sighed, "'cause I lost my baby too."

Jess looked at him, "what do you mean?"

"Four months ago, Hales found out she was a month pregnant," Tristin revealed, "we didn't wanna tell anyone yet, we wanted to wait until three months, in case anything happened. And it, erm, did.

"It got to the fourth month. We were really happy about it all, but we still hadn't told anyone. We wanted to wait until we were certain, you know? We'd planned everything out. We'd found a house, we decided to move in together. It was the fourth night after we'd moved in and she woke me up crying, saying she was having pains in her stomach. I called the hospital, I brought her in and...we lost it, Jess," Tristin told him, his eyebrows now pulled down in an attempt not to cry.

"I'm so, so sorry," Jess said, shocked.

Tristin shrugged a little, "we decided not to tell anyone at all about the baby. It jut felt appropriate, ya know?"

"Yeah," Jess nodded, "if you ever wanna talk..."

Tristin smiled a little, "you too."

Lorelai came running towards them, "guys! It's a girl," she called, grinning.

Jess and Tristin stood up, "how are they?"

"They're ok, Jess. They're ok, and they're gonna stay ok," Lorelai told him.

Tristin pulled him in for a "man-hug", "hey, congrats, man."

"Thanks," he smiled at him.

"Go and see your girls," Tristin laughed, leaning back against the wall. When Jess had left, his smiled faltered and he reached into his back pocket, pulling out the last scan of his baby.

————————————————

Liv held her daughter in her arms, grinning down at her, " hey, there. I'm your mommy. I just wanna say that me and your daddy are gonna take amazing care of you, honey. I mean, he will when he gets here. I don't know where he is, but he'll come. You're gonna love him so much; he's so awesome," Liv chuckled, "there's so many people I can't wait for you to meet. Grandma Lorelai, Grandpa Luke, Auntie Rory and Uncle Logan, Auntie Haley and Uncle Tristin. You're gonna be so loved and spoilt by them, I can tell you that. Oh, and you've got your uncles, Will and Richard. They're gonna be more like your brothers though, I promise you."

"You've got all that right," Jess smirked from the door, "how're my girls?"

"We're great, baby," Liv smiled.

"You scared me," Jess told her, walking to her bed. He looked down at his daughter, "both of you did."

"I'm sorry," Liv said. She looked down at her baby, "you wanna go to daddy?"

Jess looked at her, slightly worried, "what if I drop her or something?"

Liv tilted her head, "then I'll kill you."

Jess smirked and held his arms out for Liv to place his daughter in them, "hey baby. I'm your daddy. I just want you to know that I love you already. And you're not leaving home 'til your 30. Or maybe 35. Do you know what, let me talk to your mom about it, and I'll get back to you on that."

"I was thinking 45," Liv laughed.

"55 it is then," Jess joked, "Do you want me to get everyone in to meet her?"

"Everyone? Who's here?" Liv asked.

"Everyone you just mentioned in the list of who's gonna spoil her," Jess told her, handing her the baby.

"There all here? Wait, has anyone called my grandparents?" Liv asked.

"When I came in Lorelai was on the phone to them. Don't worry," he said, walking out.

A minute later, he came back in, followed by everyone else, and he sat slightly on the edge of the bed.

"Liv, honey, let's have a look at her," Lorelai grinned, "Oh, she has our nose, Liv!"

"Does Grandma wanna hold?" Liv grinned.

"Obviously," Lorelai said.

As Lorelai held her, Rory hugged her sister, "how are you feeling?"

"Like I just pushed a human out of me," Liv replied, "but, really, I'm tired. There's no way I can sleep though, because I'm so happy."

"You should be," Rory smiled.

"Hey, have you heard from the adoption agency yet?" She asked quietly. Rory and Logan had been approved for adoption around the time of Jess' accident, and only Liv knew so far.

Rory shook her head, "but they said it could take a while, you know?"

"You'll hear soon, I know it," Liv winked.

Haley and Tristin walked in, and Haley immediately hugged her best friend, "hey there, mommy!"

"Hey, godmother!" Liv laughed.

"Where's my godchild, then?" Haley grinned, walking to Lorelai. Lorelai passed the baby into Haley's arms, and she sat on the bed next to Rory, "hey there, you. I'm your awesome Aunt Haley. And this is your equally awesome Aunt Rory. It's our job to spoil you like mad, and also give your mom and dad a break if they need it."

"Which we won't," Jess joked, at the same time Liv said, "Which we will."

Everyone started laughing, and the baby was handed back to Liv, "what's
her name?" Logan asked.

"We're not saying yet," Liv told him.

"Does she have one yet?" Tristin raised an eyebrow.

Liv grinned at him, "Yes, but we wanna have my grandparents and Jess' parents there when we tell everyone."

Jess turned to Luke, "talking of my parents, where are they?"

Luke shrugged, "they got caught up with some freaky renaissance thingy. All I know is that it involves TJ and tights that are too tight."

Jess smirked, "somehow, I'm not surprised."

Tristin laughed, "man, I've gotta meet your parents!"

Everyone turned their attention back to the baby, and Haley slipped out of the room. She stood in the corridor and covered her face with her hands, leaning into Tristin when she felt him walk beside her and wrap his arm around her shoulders, kissing the top of her head.

"I shouldn't be like this, I just can't stop thinking about—" Haley sighed, her voice wavering.

"I know," Tristin cut her off, not wanting her to upset herself more, "I feel the same."

Hey! So I've decided I want Tristin and Hayley in the story more, hence their first proper storyline! Plus, baby Mariano is here! Name will be revealed next chapter. Enjoy guys! Xoxo