Epilogue : Part 1

Sirens. Screaming. Silence.

They were everywhere, as blood poured out of the body sprawled on the ground. As the paramedics panicked, trying to revive them, a man stood with his arms wrapped around a sobbing woman, half comforting, half constraining. A family looked on as the life drained out of them.

The life slipped from their eyes.

They gave up.

———————————————————

That morning

"Alex! Come on, you're gonna be late!" Logan called up the stairs.

"Chill out!" Her cool reply came. It had been a month since the incident. The next day, after discussing things with Rory, she had walked straight back into school with her head held high. Rory and Logan couldn't have been prouder.

Rory came bustling through the corridor, grabbing her bag clumsily, "I'm late. I'm late," she mumbled to herself. Her eyes settled on her husband, "and it's your fault."

Logan smirked and trapped her against the banister, "she was asleep still and we were awake stupidly early. Thought I'd make the most of it."

"And it's made me late," she laughed.

"Fine. We'll never have sex again then," Logan sighed.

"Shush! Don't say that so loud," she blushed.

Alex came running down the stairs and grabbed her bag, "come on, Logan, we're gonna be late," she mocked.

"I want quiet Alex back," he teased.

"Have a good day! Oh, and don't forget to pack your bag for Stars Hollow tomorrow!" Rory said, before running out the door shouting, "love you both!"

"Let's go, kid."

————————————————————

Liv walked slowly out of her room, rubbing her eyes and yawning. She'd been up all night with Ava, just as she had been for the past 5 nights. Jess? Had slept through it. Lucky twat, she thought, bitterly.

She opened the kitchen door and shielded her eyes, "guys! We gave you the guest room so you can do that in private!"

After a week of them staying at the inn, Liv and Jess had decided to give Jimmy and Sherry the guest room. Things were going great...for Jess. He finally had a relationship with his father. As for Liv? Nothing but awkwardness at the idea of her father in law sleeping with her half sisters' mother. Jeez, their family's complicated.

"Sorry, Liv," Sherry giggles, giddily.

"Whatever," she yawned, walking over to the coffee machine and turning it on.

As she sipped it, Jess walked in, practically skipping, fully dressed and wide awake. Liv, on the other hand, had her hair piled up on her head, yesterday's mascara smudge under her eyes and her dressing gown thrown on over her vest top and joggers.

"Morning, babe," he smiled, and Liv just glared at him in reply, before skulking off into the front room. Jess furrowed his eyebrows.

"You gonna go and see if she's alright, son?" Jimmy subtly asked.

"She's just woken up, she'll be when she's had her coffee," Jess shrugged, as Ava started crying again, "damn it, Liv, honey! Can you see if she's alright? I've gotta leave for work! See you later," he said to his dad and Sherry, before darting out of the door.

Liv trudged through the kitchen, yawning, and Sherry placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'll go. I know you're the one always up with her. You go and sleep," she smiled.