Reunited

Olivia stood looking in the mirror, examining her appearance for any kind of faults. She was wearing a black straight skirt and a white blouse, her hair pinned half up from her face. It was her first day at work and she was terrified. It wasn't like she had to make a good first impression on anyone; her boss was her mom, but she was still nervous.

Grabbing her handbag, she walked down into the diner, and sat at the counter.

"You look gorgeous," Jess smiled, putting a cup of coffee in front of her.

"I want to look professional, not sexy," Liv sighed.

"I didn't say sexy, did I?" Jess smirked.

"It...was implied," Liv smiled, "Are you sure it's ok for me to take the car?"

"No, you've gotta walk because that's the kind of mean fiancé I am," Jess rolled his eyes, "of course you can take it, I don't need it."

"Ok, well I've gotta go," Liv stood up.

"Good luck," Jess kissed her cheek.

"Thanks," She said, walking out.

Immediately after, she came rushing back in, "forgot my bag," she smiled sheepishly. She turned, but turned back, "Can I have another coffee?"

"Here," Jess laughed, handing her a cup, "now go!"

Liv walked into the Dragonfly, and immediately looked for her mom, finding her stood with a middle aged man who looked like he was driving her up the wall.

"I woke up and that man was shouting at me!" He exclaimed, "I want a refund!"

"I can't help what Michel does!" Lorelai snapped, "you've been shouting at me for an hour, and I've told you exactly the same thing the whole time; we will give you a free weekend here next time, but if you want to yell at someone, yell at Michel!"

Liv walked over to them and put her hand on her moms shoulder, "is everything ok here?" Liv smiled.

"No, I demand a refund! I do not appreciate being woken up at 5 o'clock in the morning by a man shouting French profanities at me!" The man explained.

"Sir, my mother has offered you a free stay, that is your option," Liv said, "if you would like to come to the desk, you can book that stay," when he nodded, she told her mom to go and get a drink.

She walked to the counter and smiled at the man, "I apologise about the inconvenience. However, my mother is 3 months pregnant, and very easy to irritate," Liv told him, "anyway, let's get this weekend booked, yes?"

After her lunch break, she returned to the counter, and started looking through the diary, when someone cleared their throat. She looked up, and her mouth dropped, "Tristin?"

"Hey, Liv," he smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" She laughed, walking round to hug him, "What are you doing here?"

"I have a business meeting here, so I thought I'd come for the week," he explained, "it's been a while."

"Yeah, like 6 years," Liv smiled.

"And you're engaged," his face fell a little, "congratulations."

"Thank you," she grinned, "let's get you booked in, yeah? When's your meeting?"

"Tomorrow," he told her.

"You should so come to Luke's when I finish," Liv said, "oh, that's my stepdads diner."

"Sure, that sounds great!" He agreed.

"I get off at 5, so meet me here then," she told him.

"Okay," he smiled, "See you then."