Part 1: Dads, huh?

Olivia Gilmore woke up at 6:00. She could hear the faint noise of the coffee machine whirring in the next room, and knew it was her mom in there, because there was no way Rory was awake yet after the amount she'd drunk the previous night.

As she stretched, she swung her leg out of bed and slipped her slippers on (A/N no pun intended. I swear.) and grabbed her dressing gown. Looking at the calendar in her old room, she remembered what was happening today, and lay back down, slowly grinning.

She was getting married.

——————————————————

Jess Mariano woke up at 6:02, his uncle shaking him awake.

"Get up, Jess," he said gruffly before he walked away.

He put a hand to his head, which was throbbing after his drinking last night, and he grabbed his phone. It said he had a voicemail from Olivia.

The woman he was going to marry in 5 hours.

He listened to it, grinning.

He was getting married today.

——————————————————

"Hey, Liv," Lorelai grinned as her daughter walked out of her childhood bedroom.

"Hi mommy," she grinned back.

"How're you feeling?" She asked, putting a cup of coffee on the table for her.

Liv sat at the table after looking in on Rory, "better than Rory. And Jess judging by last night's phone call. How are you?"

"I'm happy. And sad. In the middle," Lorelai told her, "by 12 today, both of my daughters are going to be married. That's scary. It reminds me that I'm getting old," she teased.

"Oh yeah, mom, because 39 is really old," Liv rolled her eyes.

"Uh Huh. I'm happy for you, though," Lorelai smiled, "and I'm so proud of you. You've been through so much; you deserve this."

"Thanks mom," Liv smiled back, reaching for her moms hand.

Just as they were finishing their coffees, Rory came stumbling in, "ow."

"Morning, wild dog," Lorelai laughed.

"Shhhh. Bad head," Rory whispered loudly, sitting down, "you're getting married today."

"Correct," Liv smirked.

"I'm so hungover," Rory groaned.

"Also correct. One more correct answer you win some aspirin," she said.

"You're funny," Rory moaned sarcastically.

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner!" Liv laughed, going to the bathroom to get some aspirin. She came back, and there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get that honey," Lorelai said quickly.

"Nah, I'm up. I've got it," Liv shrugged, going to the door.

"Oh no," Lorelai muttered.

Rory looked up at her, "please tell me you did not invite Dad."

"I'm a bad liar," Lorelai said, guilty.

"Mom, she's going to be so mad! He hasn't got in touch with her since the accident and she's so mad at him!" Rory said, angrily, but quietly.

"I know, I know. I just...He should be here, babe," Lorelai sighed.

Liv almost skipped to the door, grinning. They knocked again, and she called, "patience is a virtue, my friend!" but stopped dead when she opened it to see her father stood on the other side of the door.