17. [Men will be Men]

Avni suddenly remembered that instant when Neil and her were watching TV in their room at night.

~
Neil laughed loudly at that advertisement of Seagram's Royal Stag Music CDs. "The makers are very creative.." Neil complimented at how the man who was a patient suddenly had his pulse very high when a female doctor approached him. "Men will really be men Neil." Avni huffed. "No, I mean I'm a man, but will always be with you!" Neil cuddled his wifey, switching off the tv.

~

"Again I repeat, men will be men." Avni muttered to herself seeing Neil grinning and Sakshi clinging onto him. She stomped her feet, swearing to have a dangal with her ‘dear hubby’.

"Arrey arrey, why are thou bothering yourself? I'll get some juice for you." Neil said to Sakshi, pulling her cheeks and swayed his body, walking towards the juice stall. He was grinning ear to ear but it disappeared soon. He gulped loudly. Avni was standing, her hands on her waist and she was smiling wickedly.

"H..Hey wifey.." Neil smiled, but was scared. Avni introduced her stick to Neil. "Meet sticky, my crime partner. And its latest target is you." Then without any warning she hit Neil with that stick.

"Aaahhh!!!" He yelled and made a run for his dear life. Avni was blessed with the powers of a sprinter; she ran obnoxiously fast: behind him.

Halfway through, she dropped the stick, thinking that her arms were enough. "You idiotic man! Men will be men, huh? Oh baby, I love you though I have a very ugly wife or maybe that's why I love you. That is what you must be saying to Sakshi, didn't you?" She gave up chasing and glared at Neil  who was lying on the sand with horrified eyes. Anger and embarrassment made her sad, and he didn't miss her brimming eyes.

"Baby I swear all I wanted was some harmless fun!" Neil got up, trying to hold her arms but she yanked him away. "Harmless? Yeah... making an ugly woman feel she's ugly and undeserving to someone handsome is harmless. AND DON'T CALL ME BABY!" She yelled again.

"You and ugly? Avni I'll laugh at this joke some other day..You are the prettiest woman I've ever met, I swear." Neil donned a serious expression. "Really? Have you taken a look at me, properly? No..You've noticed Sakshi and Juhi. Only. And now you're using me for Mishti. You're so mean so selfish.." She spat at Neil. "Avni that's not true, I've noticed that mole above your lips so many times, that's the first thing I noticed in you, then ofcourse your eyes, then Jet black hair, then-"  "SHUT UP!" Avni yelled and stormed off.

"Karle aur bekar harkate, ab gayi haath se ye.."

>>>>>>>>>
"Water, my lady?" Neil offered a glass of water to Avni while she was eating her food, which according to Neil was very spicy. Sakshi's jaw dropped to the floor.

Avni took the glass of water, rising Neil's hopes but they drowned the next moment, as she threw the water at his face.

"It's okay Neil, wifey loves you." Neil reminded himself.

What else should he try?

A mere short one.

But okay

Unfollowers ( my darlings), you know how I wait for you, aww my cutie pies, unfollowers[ saumyagulati19 shubhangi1600 , sufferers we are ]