Shot 11

Her heart cringed. The lady who used to love and begged her to not leave her, to stay by her side, and was so guilty when she accused her, on Knowing her real identity, the Avni, was now hating her like anything.

Just a change from Ananya to Avni made her act the opposite of what she was.

She looked on as she bent to touch Bebe's feet to seek her blessings on the auspicious day of Janmashtami, and that's when she knew how big can your legitimacy come into play.

She looked on as Bebe gave blessings to just Neil, and retreated her foot from Avni's side. Neil's pitiful glances couldn't do anything to her. Because she could just hear one sound : the shingling sound of her heart breaking into a million pieces.

She didn't even realise when Bebe had even gone, still leaving Avni behind, kneeling. Avni still hoped, she would come back and bless her.

"Avni she went." Neil spoke softly, forgetting his anger on her.

"I know." She whispered back, finally getting up, and wiped her tears. She went reluctantly to Shweta, and as expected, she didn't even glance at her.

Prakash took his daughter into his arms to console her. "Shh.. Don't cry bacha." He whispered in her ear, broke apart, planted a kiss on her forehead and went.

"They'll realize that they're wrong." He reassured her. Solace, miles away from her, but instead pain paving way, she chose to run away. She couldn't stand there and get more humiliated. Pacifying Neil? When he couldn't understand her turmoil, then why?!

She turned on her heels and ran to go. "AVNI!" Neil yelled and chased her. She couldn't hear anything. She had had enough and just ran. Too, busy to even listen to him or even acknowledge his presence.

Too busy to even see that she was now on an isolated road, and a speeding car coming her way. Neil too seeing it, ran faster to warn her.

"AVNI CAREFUL!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. He ran towards her, taking her out of the car's way just in time.

She was in between his arms and legs, pinned to the uneven road, while both were panting.

"ARE YOU MAD? DEKHKE NHI CHAL SAKTI HO? MAI NAHI AAYA HOTA TO?" He bellowed at her.

"Neil...Neil it's hurting." She whimpered, crying. Neil's eyebrows loosened as he made her sit carefully, checking on her wounds. His hand brushed around her knees and she let out a groan. She was hurt there.

He placed his arm at her back and picked her up, taking her to the nearest park bench and made her sit there. "Avni it's bleeding. Scratch ho gya. Come home. I'll aid it." He said touching the blood with shaking fingers.

"Don't touch. Impure blood huh? That's what they all said right? Why are you making yourself impure then?" She said, in a choked tone. Neil looked up at her, to see her sulken, and sad.

"Avni.."
"No why don't you understand? There must be a reason if I'm not agreeing to come with you. Neil....Neil I can't bear all the insults! Thak gayi hun ladte ladte. Ek normal life chahiye. And your family would never accept me! Rather you'll get separated from your family. I can't live in that guilt Neil." She said, sobbing in her hands.

Neil looked down. In his thirst to keep his love near her, he forgot she was an emotional baggage.

"I'll protect you Avni." Neil spoke after a while.
"Neil I can't bear it. Meri..Meri koi galti nhi hai." She said, crashing into his arms.

"Shh..I know. Come with me. I'll see tumhe koi kuch kaise bolta hai." He said and walked back with her, supporting her to walk.

...... ..... .... ... .. .

"Tillu why is she here?" Sheets asked, eyeing her in disgust.

"Because it's equally her home." Neil snapped, and ignoring everyone's blabber and took her upstairs. He wiped her wounds softly, blowing air to ease the burning sensation.

He bandaged it and made her lie. "Neil I still think I shouldn't be here." She said in the middle of the night while Neil tossed from the other side to see her.

"You started again?" He asked, his hand supporting his head.
He tucked at her waist and pulled her towards him and made her sleep without any worries.

The next morning

Avni was not at all welcomed at the table. Bebe and Sheets acted as if no one was sitting where Avni was sitting. No one asked her if she wanted anything, thanks to Prakash who had gone to his office early. And Neil, who was still getting ready.

Avni, was about to take the juice jar, but Sheets at that precise time, snatched it away from her hands.

Neil noticed this and sat besides her, squeezing her hand and blinked her eyes while she didn't respond to that gesture of his. He in turn, snatched it from her, pouring juice in their glass.
AvNeil were sipping from one glass only, making them both fume in anger.

When Neil was about to go, Avni held his hand, scared.
"Don't go." She whispered, the pain reflecting in her eyes, the fear rather, whether she could survive another emotional blow or not.

Neil was hesitant. He just didn't know, how can he make her realize that he loved her.

"Please." She added.

He nodded and smiled while she hugged him happily. Sheets, pretended to vomit and Neil knew it was time to confront her.

"Mom, whatever your decisions maybe, she's my wife and will continue to be. Please I request you not to say a word against her or you'll see the worst of me. She's my first priority. Any harshness towards her will not be tolerated." He said sternly

"I will not accept her." She said.

"Oh don't you dare try that. Because if you do, get out of the house. Because this is her house and mine. And insulting us would not be tolerated." Neil glared at her.

"Ne-"

"No Avni. You've had enough." Neil stopped her Midway.

"And yes you! I mean it."

"Neil why are you fighting because of me?" Avni asked.
"Because I love you! And Avni I can't tolerate a family where...where my own wife is not respected. Avni...they need to understand. But you'll stay here with me right?" Neil asked softly, like a small child afraid to let go.

She nodded and this was one of those decisions which changed his life.

Suggested by avneilforeverr I hope I met your expectations.