CHAPTER 26: I Hope She Doesn't Get Upset

VICK

I haven't seen Lonnie since yesterday after I blew up at him and grabbed my things and decided to just stay at the hotel here until I figure out what I'm going to do next.

I was in the hotel room just thinking about some things and watching TV when I heard my phone go off. I looked down at the Caller ID and it said the Police station. So I answered it and it was Lonnie?

"Hey man, I need for you to bail me out. I've been arrested and...." He started to say but I stopped him.

"Slow down. Why did you get arrested?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you later, but please." He begs me.

I was hesitant for a minute but then agreed.

"Fine. I'll get you out. But then we WILL talk." I tell him.

"Fine." He says.

Then he hangs up and I grab my keys then head down to the station and bail him out. We walk towards my car and after we get inside, I ask him.

"It wasn't for drugs. I was caught at school in a fight. Things were bad although I don't remember much. But next thing I know, I'm being pulled off the person, thrown onto the ground and handcuffed like I'm some kind of a fucking criminal." He exclaims.

"Well...." I started but was stopped as soon as I heard my phone start to go off. I looked down and didn't recognize the number, so I put it to voicemail and as soon as we pulled up in front of the house, I sat there in the car for a minute.

"Thanks again man for bailing me out." I hear Lonnie tell me.

"Yeah." I tell him.

My phone went off again and he got out of the car and told me he would meet me inside. So after he starts heading towards the house, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I-it's Gianni. Can you please come down to the hospital? Something has happened to Carolynn." She started and continued telling me everything that had happened.

I wanted to yell. Scream. Throttle Lonnie's fucking neck. But I gripped onto the steering wheel and held the anger on for a moment.

"I'll be right there." I tell her through gritted teeth.

I then got out of the car and tried keeping my cool thinking I was going to just give him the opportunity to explain but there was nothing to explain. He's dead.

I stomped into the house and saw him grabbing a drink from the fridge while I stood in the archway of the kitchen, scowling and making fists at my sides.

"What?" He asks.

I don't say anything and instead get up to him and throw a punch to his jaw, knocking him down then stand over him and lift him up by the collar while punching him as hard as I can several times before stopping leaving his face all bloodied up before calling the cops to come and get him.

Then right before I call my parents to explain what has happened and leave to the hospital, I warn him.

"If you ever come near her or me and my family, I swear that I will have you gasp your last breaths of your pathetic life buried six feet under surrounded by nothing but darkness." I warn him.

I then get into the car and begin hurrying over towards the hospital.

Once I pulled up and arrived, I had seen Gianni talking with Carolynn's dad who both seemed to have been crying and trying to comfort each other.

They both stand when they notice me start to walk towards them.

"Sir..." I began to greet her dad.

"Please. I just need for you to right now go inside that room and talk to my daughter. She just got out of X rays and they said she has a few broken ribs and a sprained wrist. I just need for you to comfort her. There's some things I need to do at home but I'll be back." He says.

"Alright." I nod.

He then leaves and starts walking out the hospital.

"I tried to get there in time. I feel terrible of what happened and I know that you will make her so happy by going in there." Gianni tells me. "I have to go with him though because it seems there's issues with my mom. But like he said, comfort her." She says and then hugs me before turning around and catching up to Carolynn's dad as they both walked out.

Now all that was standing between me and seeing Carolynn was the thick door here with a number on it. I just hope she doesn't get upset that I'm here.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)