CHAPTER 3: Need To Find A Way

CAROLYNN

I can't believe that I am going to have to share my vacation with my stepsister, her boyfriend and his cousin. I swear, two Lonnie's? I'm not sure I can deal.

When I got into the house, I saw Gianna and Lonnie making out while he was gripping her ass. I was feeling ill by looking. I then cleared my throat.

"Did you guys need something?" I asked.

"Yes. We are hungry and there's no food in this place." Gianna says.

"So then why don't you go to the store?!" I say under my breath.

"What was that?" She glared.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Anyways, you need to go into town down the road and grab us some food." She says while she walks towards the kitchen counter and grabs the notepad there then starts writing down a list of items.

Moments later after she finished, she turned and handed me the paper.

"Is this all?" I asked while looking over it.

"Yes. And you better not getting anything other than that." She says.

"Okay." I nodded.

She made a list of mostly things I don't like so I knew right away none of it would be for me.

"Can I please have some money?" I asked.

"You have money. Come on. I know my mom and your dad gave you some." She says.

"Not much." I tell her.

"It's alright. Here." Lonnie says and pulls out some cash. As soon as he hands it to me he grabs my wrist and looks me straight in the eyes. "You better bring me back my change." He says.

"I will." I tell him then take my wrist from his grasp.

"Good." He smirks.

"Now get going. It'll be dark soon and we are starving." She says.

"Okay. May I have the keys please?" I ask.

Lonnie and her both look at each other and break out in laughter.

"You ain't taking the car. Besides, you could really use the exercise. Maybe shed some weight. Then who knows, maybe even get a guy who could stomach you." He says.

"Whatever." I shake my head and roll my eyes.

"What was that?!" He asks firmly and as soon as he takes a step towards me, he is stopped thankfully by Gianna.

"Let her go. Come on, let's go have some fun." She smiles at him.

He looks at me still intensely as if he wants to hurt me. So I take that oppertunity to grab my bag real fast and start walking out.

This was going to suck because the town wasn't necessarily 'down the road'. It was further than that. A good almost 5 miles and while that may not seem as bad to somebody who is fit, but to someone with thick curves like me, it sucks.

So I begin making my 'hike' towards the town and luckily I brought my earbuds with me. So I pop them in my ears and start listening to some music and escape from reality for a brief moment or two.

When I finally reach the town I can't help but admire it and yet at the same time think to myself just how much I don't blend in here.

I stick out mostly because I don't dress in fancy and expensive attire and most of the people here seemed to be all First-Class-kinds-of-people.

I finally spot the store and as soon as I walk inside and take a look around, at first glance at least, it seems like any ordinary store but when I go and grab the first item on the list, I noticed the price was very pricey. In fact, I began worrying about bringing any change back because of the price of everything here.

However, I knew things would be much worse if I came back without all the food items. So I tried to get through this moment and quickly hurry back to the house.

After I finished paying, I walked outside and  before I started to head back, I quickly put the food items that I grabbed from inside and places them in my backpack. Then grabbed the bags with their stuff and started making my way back.

They don't know I have some money that I have been saving and that I have taken every now and then from my dads wallet to buy food for myself. I mean, well, I guess I should say a little 'extra' food for myself since I tend to eat my feelings a bit.

It was starting to get dark when I got only halfway towards the house and I began to try and convince myself that my back, legs and arms weren't really hurting from carrying all this extra weight from the grocery bags.

I finally reached the house and as soon as I walked inside, I noticed a box of half eaten pizza was on the dining table while Gianna was sitting on the couch and I had no idea where Lonnie was at......Whatever though. I'm tired.

"It's about time you got back. Shit, we had to order a pizza because you took so long." Gianna says.

"Well it was ten miles total and since you didn't let me take the car, it took a while." I tell her.

"Maybe if you weren't so big, you'd be able to have been quicker." She remarks.

I swear that I wish so badly I could beat the hell out of her, but I can't. I don't know how to fight and besides, that would be like me signing my death wish.

So I just grab a paper towel after putting away the groceries then before heading upstairs, I went to grab a slice and suddenly I was startled when I heard Lonnie's voice from behind me.

"What do you think you're doing?!" He asks.

"I-I-Nothing." I tell him as I immediately pull back my hand.

"Damn right nothing. You can't have any. The rest is for my cousin. If you want food, you need to buy your own damn food. Speaking of which, where the hell is my change?" He asks with his hand held out in front of me.

"There wasn't much left because of the prices." I start telling him while handing him the money.

"Bullshit! I gave your ass more than enough! Did you buy some food for your fat ass?!" He asks.

"N-no. Of course not." I tell him.

He counts the money then looks up at me and grabs tightly onto my arm then starts pulling me towards upstairs where the small room I'm staying in is located and he pushes me inside.

Next he punches my stomach and causes me to fall on the floor clutching onto my stomach.

"That's for lying to me you fucking bitch! And don't think for one damn second that I'm gonna take it easy on you. Which also reminds me, you better not say shit to my cousin because he is far worse than I am." He tells me before turning around and leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.

I have to find a way to leave......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Oh and as a Thank You for being patient, there will be 2 chapters posted for this story and the other one will be posted in a minute.