CHAPTER 4: Why Did I Say That?!?

VICK

I've been gone for several hours and decided to head back to the house after coming to terms with the fact that this technically is MY family's home that my parents purchased so him and his slutty girlfriend and her stepsister are my guests and they sure as hell aren't gonna get rid of me.

When I got back, I noticed everybody was asleep, or at least that's what I thought until I heard the kitchen door swing open and out walked Gianna's stepsister.

"What are you doing up?" I asked her.

I seemed to have startled her and cause her to jump a little. What was she holding? It's a zip lock bag of something. Oh well, I don't care.

"I was just coming down to get...." She stops. "To get something. I'm going back to bed now though. Night." She says and starts to walk upstairs as she holds her stomach a little.

"You alright?" I asked feeling like shit about the way I talked to her earlier and how rude I must have come off to her just moment ago.

"Yeah. Just a stomach ache." She tells me then turns back around and continues heading back upstairs.

I shake any thoughts I start to get about her and head towards the fridge where I end up nuking some pizza before heading off to bed.

The next morning after waking up, I apparently had a lot to drink because when I woke up, it already was close to the afternoon so I got dressed after taking a shower then made my way downstairs and saw nobody was here.

So I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and
sat at the table to see who could deliver. I was starving.

I then hear a door from upstairs slowly open up as I heard it and starting to walk downstairs cautiously and slowly, I saw it was Carolynn as I looked up from my phone.

"Trying to sneek out?" I ask her.

She stops and looks scared for a minute and then shakes her head.

"No. But are Gianna and Lonnie here?" She asks.

"No. They're gone. Probably fucking somewhere." I tell her.

"Okay." She says.

I notice she has her backpack with her and am starting to wonder if she really was leaving.

"Where ya goin'?" I ask.

"To grab something to eat." She tells me.

"And you need your backpack?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow, curious.

"I don't have a purse and don't trust leaving my stuff around where Gianna can get to it. I'm paranoid, I guess you can say." She finishes while heading towards the door.

"Wait!" I call out to her. "Why don't we go into town and grab something to eat together? I was just about to call in something but since you're grabbing something too....." I started.

She looks at me bewildered and I can understand why since I had told her not that long ago that we should stay out of each others way but, this is just grabbing a bite to eat and besides, maybe I misjudged her.

I mean think about it. She too is staying here and since neither one of us wants to be around Gianna, I'm curious to find out what else we could have in common.

"Okay." She says.

"Cool. Let's take my car." I suggest while we start heading out in the driveway.

It didn't take us long to get there and when we pulled up in front of a good local family-owned sandwich shop that I've been coming to since I was little, we headed inside and were seated right away. 

While looking over the menu, I decided to try something different and chose the special of the day. After we ordered, we shared a moment of awkward silence between us both. 

"So, you and Gianna don't get along huh?" I ask to just start a conversation. 

"No." She replies. 

"Yeah, she's a real bitch if you ask me. I don't know why in the world my cousin would ever choose a slut like her and expect to ever be happy." I laughed a little. 

I noticed right after I finished saying that, she was looking at me both in shock and yet couldn't stop herself from cracking a beautiful smile. 

"Me neither." She says. 

"Look, I want to apologize to you for what I said. I assumed you'd be a lot like Gianna and you don't seem like you are. So why don't we start over?" I suggested. 

"Okay." She shrugs. 

"We don't have to if you don't want to." I tell her while trying to hide my irritation I was feeling towards her being rude. 

"No, I do...." She starts. "I'm sorry, I just, I guess I misjudged you also. I thought you were a lot like Lonnie." 

"And that would be a bad thing?" I say mostly as a joke because I am better looking and all, but it seemed as though there was a reason behind what she said. 

Then as soon as she looks at me and is confused, I begin to feel confused as well. 

"It would but, I guess all you guys are the same." She snarks. 

"Woah! Hold up! What the hell was that all about?" I asked with my hands up in surrender. "Are you one of those bitter bitches who look for sympathy and are so damaged by a handful of exes that you make every guy pay for it?!"

"Go to hell!" She snaps and grabs her bag then starts walking out. 

I just asked a question. A LEGIT question for crying-out-loud. 

I get up and go after her to see what in the hell exactly her problem is and when I turn her around to face me, she seems to have tears in her eyes. 

Shit! I didn't mean to upset her like that. 

"Listen, I'm sorry if I upset you. I'm sure that for whatever reasons you don't like my cousin, I can understand he's an asshole sometimes but overall, he's just immature and is harmless." I finish telling her. 

She looked to be starting to calm down a little more and to make it up to her, I ran inside and had our food boxed up, then took her to a place that I thought she'd like. 

I seriously need to watch what the hell I say. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

Okay, back on schedule again starting tonight with posting this chapter and just posted the last chapter for the MC's Boss Daughter one and will post another chapter to this and the other ones that I'm still posting for tomorrow (Tuesday-Feb. 10th).