4. The Pack Event

Ophelia wore a light blue tank top, some low rise black jeans that hugged her hips, and a black cardigan today as she walked into class. She heard a whistle and looked to see Owen with a smile, waving her over with a red head girl, a dark haired boy with glasses to his right and a girl with jet black hair on his left.

"Hey Ophelia," he smiled at her as she sat between him and the girl with red hair.

"Hey Owen, how are you?" She asked, tucking her thick kinky hair behind her ear, or attempted to at least.

"I'm fine, I wanted to introduce you to my friends." He said, gesturing to the red haired girl and the boy. "This is Kelsea and her boyfriend Rowen," they scowled at him, both blushing furiously, "Okay, they are friends- with benefits- and this is Fiona." Fiona was very pretty with dark eyes and long, shiny black hair that made her porcelain skin look lighter. Her doll like features made her almost seem unreal.

"It's nice to meet you all," Ophelia said quietly.

"I forgot to mention, Ophelia is quiet as hell, guys."

"Well, we'll have to break her out of that," Rowen's monotone voice answers.

"It won't be too harsh, promise," Kelseas kind forest green eyes assured Ophelia. She looked over at Fiona, who typed on her laptop furiously. Her arched brows where in a deep frown. Owen looked at her, "Are you okay, Fiona?" She looks at him and smiles sweetly, before her eyes fell on the dark girl beside him, before her face dropped. She could smell the Alpha all over her. No wonder he isn't even looking at her anymore, he found his mate, a human. How can someone so powerful choose one of the weakest species on Earth to mate with. And a black one, no less.

"I'm fine," she said, before continuing her typing.

"So Ophelia, whats your major?" Kelsea asked trying to steer the conversation away from that awkward moment.

"Oh, Psychology. How about you all?"

"Business," they all said.

"Oh, okay. What do you plan to do?"

"Well I hope to own a small business one day, and Kelsea and Rowen both want to open up a restaurant chain. Rowen is a cook and he makes the best dishes."

"Which is why I'm also majoring in culinary arts," Rowen adds.

They conversed all throughout class, with Owen being scorned by the professor for his loud talking during the lecture. Ophelia has to admit, he is pretty annoying because he's one of those students who likes to give teachers hard times, but it was funny to see the professor's face get beet red.

"You are so mean, Owen," She scolded as the group walked out the lecture. They walked to a nearby cafe on campus that the trio usually go to after class.

"Hey, he's the one who was talking while I was trying to tell a joke, he was just as rude," Owen said, and Ophelia slapped his arm at that jackass comment, making him laugh. "Fiona liked it, didn't you, Fi?" He turned to the small girl beside him who was very quiet since Ophelia met her. Ophelia feels like she might not be enjoying her company very much, especially when she'd side eye her sometimes when she'd giver opinion on things.

"Mhm," she said nonchalantly, making Owen furrow her brows at her.

"Are you okay, Fi? You usually are so talkative." He says, making her snap her eyes at him with a dark look on her face. She glanced at Ophelia and scowled more.

"I'm just not in the mood today, Owen." She stomps over to the cashier and orders her usual iced coffee.

"So what do you do for fun, Ophelia?" Kelsea asked as they sat at a table outside, where it was nice and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. It may not be like this for long though as winter approaches.