Chapter 49

Vote! Comment! Suggest!

Rayne's POV

I laughed as Sierra gasped and turned around to glare at April. Soon it was a full on snowball fight and even I joined "Babe get her!" Sierra exclaimed and I aimed my snowball at April since Sierra had such bad aim she couldn't get her. I got April directly in the back of the head and she gasped and looked my way.

Me, Sierra and the kids around us laughed and she glared at me "You know I'll get you back!" She pointed out causing me to chuckle and nod "Yeah, I'd like to see you try." I challenged but to my surprise I felt a a snowball hit me in the back and I turned to see Sierra smirking "You have betrayed me."

I placed my hand over my heart in a fake hurt action and she giggled "Survival of the fitess!" She squealed as I ran towards her but I quickly caught her by the waist and pulled her to me "Oh yeah?" I questioned before I threw us back into the snow and Sierra screamed and playfully hit me in the chest "You ass!" She exclaimed as she sat up and shook the snow off her upper body.

I chuckled and sat up beside her to see the kids laughing and April shaking her head with a smile on her face "You two are so cute." April pointed out causing Sierra to blush and shrug a shoulder. I chuckled and stood extending my hand down to help Sierra "Now you want to help me after you pulled me into the snow?" She asked taking my hand and I pulled her up smirking "Hey you betrayed me baby, I was here thinking we were on the same side." I pointed out causing her to giggle "Oh you know I love you." She suddenly said my eyes widening at the words.

I smiled a she blushed and I leaned down pecking her lips "Ewwww!" The kids said in union causing me, Sierra and April to laugh "Such inoccent children." April rolled her eyes and we all turned to the pack house as dad walked out with a serious expression on his face.

April cleared her throat and looked down at the children "Who wants to make snow angels over there?" April suggested and all of them agreed and excitedly they ran off.

Sierra took my hand and squeezed it nervously as I guided her with me over to dad "Everything alright?" I asked dad shaking his head and letting out a breath "Remember how we spoke of this mission having to go on further then two weeks?" He reminded causing me to nod "We found a prisoner left behind, I think it's better if you go speak to him.

We searched him and brought him back..." Dad explained Sierra tensing "Is he dangerous?" Sierra asked and dad quickly shook his head "He was beat, almost dead if we hadn't gotten to him." He assured Sierra nodding "I want to go with you Rayne." Sierra looked up at me and I felt hesitant about it but I eventually nodded. After taking off our wet clothes we headed to the meeting room.

A young man my age was being tended to. He gulped down the substance in the mug he had in his hand as Dr. Ross tended to his wounds. We approached them and Dr. Ross looked at us first "He is very injured." Dr. Ross informed but my eyes quickly shifted to Sierra as she let go of my hand and neared the guy "Hello..." Sierra greeted and the guy looked up at her with wide eyes "H-Hello... I'm sorry for the fuss." The guy spoke genuinely and Sierra gave me a sad expression before I nodded over to Dr. Ross and walked to Sierra's side "It's no fuss." I assured Sierra nodding in agreement.

"It's really not. What's your name?" Sierra asked smiling sympathetically at him "I am Luca..." He introduced himself and Sierra nodded "I am Sierra, and this is my mate Rayne." He seemed startled at our names as he quickly placed the mug down and bowed his head "Forgive me for the disrespect Luna and Alpha." He spoke quickly and Sierra gave me another one of those sad expressions "Please. Relax Luca, everything is okay now." I assured Luca looking up at me with the all to familiar expression I see in every victim I've come across... Fear.

Me and Sierra decided we'd interrogate him some other time since he was so nervous. As we walked out of the meeting room after informing him he could stay under supervision Sierra grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks "I... I don't trust him too much. Can we make sure the guards keep a good eye on him..." Sierra pleaded and I quickly nodded "Of course baby." I assured pulling her into my arms and pecking her lips.

We decided to take a warm shower and lay in bed for the rest of the day. Sierra fell asleep in the middle of some scary movie they were giving on TV and at one point she shifted in my arms and suddenly... Thump... Thump... Thump... Thump... My eyes settled on her stomach and my heart soared at my pups heart beats...