Chapter 6

Rayne started to tremble as he glared at Marshall "Want to repeat that?" He challenged his hands balled into fists, his posture just about ready for a fight. Me and Clara looked at each other then back at Rayne and Marshall "She doesn't need someone like you; you aren't fit to even be alpha." Marshall spat causing Rayne to growl.

I quickly forced myself to stand and rushed to Rayne. I stood in front of him and placed my hands on his chest "Sierra move he has a history of not being able to control his anger." Marshall muttered grabbing my wrist and trying to pull me away. Before he could Rayne growled and shoved Marshall against the wall pinning him to the wall "I'd never put my hands on her!" Rayne spat, his voice was different now... I could hear his wolf.

Two guards rushed in with an old man. I looked over at them "Everyone leave, he has lost control." The old man warned. Clara grabbed my hand and started for the door. I quickly snatched my hand back and rushed to Rayne.

I placed my hand on the arm he was using to have Marshall pinned against the wall "S-Sierra move..." Marshall muttered through gritted teeth. Rayne looked over at me and I gave him a pleading look... After a second he let go of Marshall and stepped back.

He was still trembling but I could tell he had regained some self control. He wrapped a protective arm around me and I snuggled into his side to assure him I wasn't angry with him. Marshall was out of line, I couldn't even make my own opinion on him before he went and tried convincing me he was bad news.

Marshall fixed his shirt and glared at Rayne before looking at me "Sierra he's dangerous." Marshall insisted "Marshall you're only making it worse." Clara spoke up entering the room again everyone on edge looking at Rayne ready to see him snap again "Is that his mate?" The old man questioned causing me to shift and look at him making sure I held Rayne's hand... I nodded slowly as he looked at me "Alright everyone out, he will be out of control for the next couple of days.

His wolf is on edge so nobody touch..." He trailed off waiting for me to speak... to say my name... "Sierra." Rayne answered bluntly looking down at me and placing the hand I wasn't holding on my waist and pulling me closer to him "Sierra, his wolf is really protective right now. Everyone out right now." The old man ordered.

Clara gave me a smile and approached me. Rayne tensed but I nodded in assurance before his shoulders fell and he allowed me out of his arms keeping a close eye on Marshall. Clara hugged me tightly then stepped back to look at me "I will talk to Marshall. You just focus on bonding with your mate." She assured grabbing Marshall's hand and forcing him out of the room

. I looked up and Rayne and my brain began to ramble... What exactly has my mate done? Or what has he been through to be so angry and defensive?