Chapter 24

Rayne went to his fathers office and I made my way downstairs "Hey you guys are finally out of that room." Clara breathed out standing up from the couch and rushing to me.

She hugged me tightly and I let out a breath "Sorry we took long." I mumbled feeling myself blush as I recalled what had happened a couples minutes ago.

April came to my side to and she hugged me as well "Speaking of him, where is he?" April asked concern in her voice. I looked up the stairs "Your father called him into his office." I informed April nodding "Come on." She mumbled suddenly taking me and Clara's hands and guiding us up the stairs.

We stopped in the hallway and me and Clara caught on as we used out wolf ears to listen in on the conversation "Why are you on my territory." Rayne growled causing me to tense and Clara and April to look at me "I came to tell you about some rumors..." A new voice explained April quickly freezing as her eyes widened "What April. Who is that." I whispered grabbing her arm so she could snap out of her daze "It our cousin Mark, he's a traitor he shouldn't be here." April explained a scared expression on her face.

Clara gave me a worried expression but I ignored it as I continued to listen "What rumors." Rayne spoke through gritted teeth and I could tell the only thing holding him back was the fact he was hurt.

Other then that I could just feel his anger towards Mark. April looked over at me then at Clara "About your precious mate. What is her name, Sierra?" Mark spoke bluntly as then a ruckus was heard "Rayne let him explain!" Ian yelled as someone gasping for air was heard.

I went to walk towards the door but Clara and April pulled me back "Relax." April whispered looking at the door "He has not right to speak of her. My mate won't be mentioned by him!" Rayne exclaimed a growl ripping through the house.

All of us flinched at the power of his growl but it caused my knees to buckle and I nearly stumbled back but Clara quickly grabbed my arm "He really has you weak already, so early." Clara pointed speaking lowly.

Her comment made my eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and my cheeks to flush. April giggled lowly but we all eventually went back to paying attention to the conversation "I can smell her arousal you know. You should mark her before another wolf finds her first." Mark shot sounding as a threat.

Another growl ripped through the house and fear struck me as I stepped back "I will tear your fucking throat out Marcus!" Rayne growled before shattering was heard "Marcus you're over stepping the boundaries. Tell him what you have told me then you can be gone." West warned sounding just as angry now "If you don't I'll tell my guards here and Ian to let go of my son so he can hurt you for disrespecting my daughter in law." West added silence filling the room.

Me and the girls looked at each other before looking back at the door "Word has gone around that she has returned.

Her father has had many enemies, they all want to torture her for his betrayal to our pack." Marcus spoke quickly and I could hear the slight fear in his voice as Rayne snarled "You disgust me! You betrayed us so give me one good reason not to torture you!" Rayne shot his voice deep, warning..

This wasn't my Rayne... I hugged myself and nibbled on my bottom lip. April caught this and she wrapped an assuring arm around my shoulder "He is just protecting you." She pointed out and I nodded in agreement.

I knew that but still... Hearing him like this, seeing him like this. It scared me.. I shoved all those thoughts away as I focused on something else that was said. My father betrayed his pack? Didn't he belong to this pack? What did I not know?