Chapter 1

"Sierra, look out the window. We're about to enter town." My older sister Clara yelped excitedly. I looked out the car window to see nothing but trees now. The cement road we were once on long gone as my sister drove on a dirt road now. I admired the nature here; it was like being engulfed in a tight embrace by the beautiful woods.

I smiled as memories of dad I Marshall and Clara running through these exact woods just enjoying the freedom of it all "Marshall tells me that they have left most of the woods untouched except for a little piece which they have made modern." Clara explained attempting to assure me that it wasn't like old times here. Either way I believe I'd still love it here.

I felt so comfortable and home... I nodded and Clara let out a small breath "You will have to talk some day Sierra... Doctors say you aren't mute. Just traumatized, hopefully coming back here will help." Clara mumbled to herself.

I simply kept my eyes out the window taking it all in. Just processing that I was back home where mom use to read us bed time stories when we were just pups... She'd tell us about dad's war stories and how hard it was for her every time he had to go to war. I smiled to myself as I remembered the way would speak about mates.

Every night she'd tell us how she and dad had met. Clara suddenly giggled "Remember mom's story of how her and dad met?" She asked looking over at me then back at the road "How they were in the same restaurant and dad was the waiter." Clara smiled but I could hear the sadness in her voice.

I nibbled on my bottom lip and extended my hand over placing it on top of her hand. She looked at it for a couple seconds before tears rolled down her cheeks "I miss them a lot Sierra." She admitted for the first time since mom died. Clara always felt like she had to be the one all composed and strong since mom's death really affected my life.

I gripped her hand and I nodded agreeing with her "But, this has to be a new start Sierra. Mom and dad would both want us to live our lives to the full potential they always told us that." Clara reminded looking over at me then back at the road I gave her hand another assuring squeeze. Clara didn't speak the rest of the drive didn't even smile... I felt guilty. We finally came to a part where trees weren't large in size; a bunch of houses lay right in the middle of the woods.

It looked amazing so spacious and beautiful "Me and dad use to pick berries here." Clara finally spoke up a wide smile plastered on her lips. I nodded and just scanned our surrounding. I loved it here; I don't know why we stayed away for so long.

Why did we leave in the first place? We reached these huge gates and Clara let out a relieved sigh "We're here, the modern part where Marshall is." Clara informed putting her window down and taking the yellow folder with all of our papers. A guard came to her side and looked at both me and Clara "What is your business here?" He asked taking the folder from Clara and going through it "Ah, the Masons. Please enter." He assured signaling the guy at the gate.

Once the gates opened Clara drove in. This part was much bigger, buildings and apartments. We were driving back on cement road and I looked around at the people. I smiled at it all I really loved being back here. Clara pulled into a large house and she looked over at me "This is us." She informed causing me to get out the car and look at the blue house "Three bedroom." Clara informed popping the trunk open.