Chapter 4

When I got to the gates the guard gave me a confused expression "Are you sure you want to go out there, it's getting dark and there are rouges." He informed but I simply nodded. He was hesitant but eventually opened the gates.

I walked out and followed the dirt road until I spotted the small houses in the middle of the woods. I smiled and approached them. I looked around and watched as people ordered bread and laughed. It was a piece of history, the old times.

I felt much better as I walked around. I ended up at the entrance of the woods and I was hesitant to walk in remembering the words of the guard from the gate.

I nibbled on my bottom lip and looked around. It didn't seem dangerous "I miss it to." A voice suddenly came from behind me and I turned quickly to look at the old women. She wore a long coat and she smiled as I tensed "I am no danger child." She assured causing me to relax but I kept my guard up just in case "I also stand here and admire the woods.It's not like before where you could roam around the woods enjoying being engulfed by the trees and bushes. It's dangerous now." She explained hugging herself "My momma use to take me into the woods to pick berries. I use to be so amazed by it all. But, my favorite thing about the woods?" She smiled to herself and closed her eyes as if imagining it in her mind "The way the trees covered the sky. It wasn't dark though as most would assume." She opened her eyes and looked at me then back at the woods "Little rays of sunshine would peek through the heavy cloak of trees. Everything looked so magical." Her words caused my heart to race and my eyes to water "The privilege of being able to walk in with no worries to just enjoy the woods. Is no longer..." She lowered her head but quickly raised it shooting me a smile "It is getting dark. You should head home darling." She suggested turning around and walking away

. I looked back into the entrance of the woods longing for the feeling that women had.. I stuffed my hands into my sweater pockets and went to turn around. When suddenly I heard a small cry that caused me to quickly turn around "P-Please help me." A child's voice. I quickly ran in and looked around, I couldn't speak to figure out where the child was but I could definitely smell him out

. When I finally found him he was leaning against a tree holding his side "rouge tried to eat me." He whispered sniffling. I quickly picked him up and went to go back to the town to see who this child belonged to. I froze when I heard a snarl... I turned around slowly to see a scruffy dirty brown wolf. I took in deep breaths as I backed up slowly, the child whimpered and hugged me tightly.

I was almost at the exit when the rouge started to run towards us. I quickly set the boy on the grass and I shifted into my brown wolf. The rouge quickly stopped and growled at me. I simply lowered my head and showed all teeth, I moved to stand in front of the child and as soon as I was it lunged at me.

I quickly dodged his head but made sure to put all my force to shove him to the side so he wouldn't harm the child. My chest rumbled as my wolf growled, I kept my eyes on the rouge as it recovered and now stood back up "Oh my goodness." Voices came from behind me but I made sure to focus my attention on the rouge...

I circled around and rouge followed. When I realized what I had to do I gave the child one last look before turning around and running the rouge following close behind. I stopped but made sure to move to my left the rouge continuing to run but quickly turned tackling me to the ground "Call the alpha! Get the poor women help!" People yelled. I felt his canines sink into my shoulder and I whimpered but kicked him off with my Hine legs.

The rouge hit a tree trunk in the process and it struggled to stand back up. I lay on my side and whined as the pain on my arm caused me to struggle to stand.

The rouge finally recovered and went to bite me again when suddenly black fur blurred my vision. I looked up at the black wolf... He growled menacingly pounding his two feet, challenging the rouge. The rouge cowered away from him "Don't touch her ever again!" The wolf growled loudly and I swore the earth shook. Mate... was the last thing I heard my wolf say before darkness took over me.