Chapter 17

After that heart warming moment we decided to go back into the house "Are you two okay now?" April asked West scowling her for being nosy "For now." Rayne mumbled as April got up and ushered me to the kitchen "That Rayne is something else isn't he." She pointed out causing me to smile and nod "He's a nice guy under that bad boy act of his." She assured causing me to nod again.

I motioned for her to give me a pen and a paper and she quickly went through every cabinet before she handed me a notebook and a pen.

I opened it to a blank page and wrote 'He's only a nice guy when he messes up' I joked smiling as she nodded in agreement "Oh yeah, he's a real suck up." She pointed out causing me to smile and write 'Tell me about it' I agreed causing her to giggle again and hop on the counter "Look I know my brother can be an asshole... But you really are what he needs." She admitted her smile disappearing as she let out a breath and put her hands together "When our mom died he was the most affected. Ever since that day he's just done dumb stuff and brushed us off.

To be honest... He hasn't been in this house ever since." She informed my heart aching. I looked down at the notebook and wrote down 'Why do you think he decided to come now?' I asked looking up at her as she seemed to think about it before a small smile came across her lips "Maybe it's his way of introducing you to mom." She suggested.

My eyes widened as I made my way to the arch that separated the kitchen from the dining room and I peeked over at Rayne as he looked around as the other guys talked and laughed. I smiled to myself and went over to April again writing in the notebook 'Can you give me a tour of the house?' I tore out the page and April smirked at me "His room if the first on the left if he tries to skip it." She wiggled her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

I made my way to Rayne and handed him the piece of paper "Yeah sorry I was going to in the first place but my head was somewhere else." He admitted standing from his leaning position on the couches arm.

He guided me up the stairs and opened the first door to the left and walking in. I followed behind him and I smiled as I looked around at his adorable little boy room. He had an action figure blanket with moons and stars painted on his walls "I know, my mom really loved decorating my room." He admitted chuckling as I smiled and looked over at him "I was her first pup she spoiled me rotten." He explained smiling to himself as he admired the room.

I watched as he wandered around the room and he placed a hand on a full moon painted on the wall "This was the first one we drew together." He informed chuckling as he pointed at a stray line of paint coming from it "We were painting and she started tickling me... I fell over and messed up the drawing." He chuckled while saying it and I smiled.

Although he was laughing, I could hear the pain behind his words. He missed her a lot and I knew that feeling. I made my way to his side again and traced the outline of the full moon "She would have liked you." He pointed out suddenly causing me to look over at him "You're a lot like her." He admitted chuckling "She was stubborn to.

Sometimes you make the exact same face expressions she would make to dad." He pointed out. I smiled and took one of his hands in both of mines. He opens up more and more to me and it made me feel special.

But, I knew just how hard it was to open up so I actually valued every single word he said. He was like the trees... He was dark but rays of sunshine were always able to break through the thick cloak of darkness. Maybe I was those rays of sunshine.