Chapter 13

After a couple seconds of taking deep breaths I got out of the car. Rayne holding my hand comforted me a little as we walked in but I still felt suffocated.

I ignored the tightening in my chest and forced a smile at the woman at the podium "Hello is it just you two?" The woman asked looking at Rayne as though he was a damn piece of meat.

I tensed as she smiled seductively at him but her eyes quickly shifted to me as I snuggled into Rayne some more "Yeah just me and my girlfriend." Rayne assured looking down at me and smirking "Oh Rayne you've finally settled down?" The woman suddenly pointed out my heart pounding wanting to know exactly what she meant... I felt Rayne tense under my touch as he glared at her "Don't do this Lisa." He warned and I let go of his arm.

She smirked "I don't know what you're talking about." She mumbled shrugging a shoulder "Table four." She muttered bluntly that fake smile she held before disappearing. I snatched my hand away from his as he grabbed it again "Sierra don't listen to her. We were having such a good day.." He pointed out but I didn't even look at him as we found our table and sat down.

A waiter soon arrived and he smiled at us "Hello, what can I get you?" He asked looking at both me and Rayne "Here's the menu." Rayne held it out to me but I simply looked at it then back at him.

He groaned and placed the menu back on the table "Get me two of the usual." He mumbled keeping his eyes on me as the waiter nodded and walked away. I looked around to see some people were leaving which caused me some comfort but once I met Rayne's eyes again across the table from me... All I felt was sadness.

He went to grab my hand and I quickly placed my hands on my lap “Sierra don’t do that.” He mumbled before letting out a breath and leaning back in his chair. He stayed quiet until the food came and he thanked the waiter “You like it?” He asked looking at me as I looked down at my plate.

I signaled for the waiter and he came over “Yes?” He asked leaning down since yeah, I was that small. I motioned for a pen and paper and Rayne spoke up “Get her a pen and a note pad.” Rayne gave me a hopeful look but I knew once I told him what I was going to...

He would be really upset. The waiter came back a couple minutes later and handed a note pad and pen to me. ‘I’m going home’ Was what I wrote before sliding it across the table to him. He immediately tensed and looked at me his eyes darkening “No you aren’t.” He was angry but I grabbed the note pad back and let out a breath ‘Who is she?’ I wrote passing it back to him.

He looked hesitant but he let out a breath and with that breath he said the few words that broke my heart... “I use to have sex with her.” 

Uh oh.