"Sure, Jan."

I made a small laugh and handed her two bags, both carrying a pair of shoes and a purse. She reached for the Chanel bag first and made a happy squeal; "Momma! Are you serious!?"

Just as I did, she eyed the intensive design and ran her hand smoothly across the authentic pearls and long gold chain.

"Thank you so much!!"

"You're welcome baby. Now open the other one.."

Her mouth dropped as she unraveled the long Louis Vuitton shoe box. I'd remember her saving this particular shoe to her Christmas Wish List, so I decided the time would be now to buy it since I was so proud of her achievement of good grades and placement on the basketball team.

"Mommy no way!!" She held back her tears and eyed the Laureate Platform Desert Boot. "Thank you, thank you!!" She ran to hug my side and I kissed her forehead.

"And here," I reached in my purse and gave her back her phone and laptop. "Somebody named Sidney kept checking on you .. care to tell me who they are?"

"He's just a new friend, mom."

"He!? New friend!?" I exclaimed in a high pitch tone. "Aaliyah Knowles.." I muttered in disbelief. My behavior caused her cheeks to become flushed and I couldn't contain my laughter. "I'm sorry baby, I'm just messing but look at you! Sprouting out that shell, I love it!"

She joined me in laughter, "Thanks mom." She replied.

"So is he cute?"

"Mom!" She dragged.

"I take that as a yes."

"Okay no more questions, I'm going to bed now." She kissed me goodnight then took her belongings up to her room. I didn't even mention that I did read the text via preview and that this Sidney individual seemed like a caring man .. yet they all do in the beginning. So before bed, I placed the thought in the back of my head that I needed to finally have that serious talk with her before she got caught up & heartbroken. After my hot shower, I wrapped my hair up and placed on a white t-shirt and black pajama shorts. I snuggled under the covers and turned the tv on for background noise before I was fast asleep.

***

Walking into Kelly's building bright and early with my Starbucks's order in hand, I was eager to know what my next steps were toward divorce

Walking into Kelly's building bright and early with my Starbucks's order in hand, I was eager to know what my next steps were toward divorce. I smiled at the receptionist and took the elevator to the appropriate floor, then found Kelly wandering around her lobby area waiting for me.

"Hey, hey!" I called out. Her head popped up in my direction and she smiled wide.

"Hey Beyoncé! Ready to get started?"

"Absolutely." I made sure I got the earliest slot available since I knew I had to go home and rest before my shift.

"I really love your style," She complimented after we walked into her office.