Ch.32- Resentment

Normani POV

"Sir please, I know Y/n is a good prisoner, she's bound to have lower limit for visitors than the usual prisoner." I tried to plead with the officer.

"That's not how the prison system works ma'am-"

"You sure I can't just...you know...sneak past ?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm sure you can't just...you know...sneak past ?" He mocked.

"But I promise I won't tell anyone." I pouted, hoping I could persuade him a different way.

"Ma'am-"

"Ugh, why do you have to call me that ? I'm obviously not a 55 year old woman so please stop calling me that."

"Okay...ma'am" He smiles a cocky smile.

"You just live to be petty, don't you Officer....Ricks ?" My eyes flickered to his badge with his name on it.

"I mean I guess, kinda the only thing that makes working here fun." He shrugged, leaning back in his swivel chair.

"Sir are you sure someone already visited her ?" The security officer pursed his lips, I knew he was getting incredibly frustrated with me but I could care less.

"Yes ma'am, for the 15th time, Y/n has had the max amount of visitors." I exhaled harshly bringing my hand up to massage my temples.

"Then who was it-" The answer to my question was in the corner of my eye. I slowly turned my head to face her, she stood shocked and confused in front of my with a stack of files in her hands.

"Oh...um...hey Normani, long time no see." The laugh that left my lips was anything but bitter.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't beat your ass right here, right now." I sized her up, she was still the same Ariana, though I don't know I didn't see the snake she was before.

She opened her mouth to answer but the officer was quick to beat her to it. "Well ma'am, I wouldn't advise that given your current setting." He pettily intervened, referring to the prison we were in.

"Hmm, that's funny...I don't remember asking you though." My attention was set on the shorter woman in front of me.

"So why exactly are you here ?" She looked around nervously, seeing guards all around us she was quick to pull me into the bathroom for a quieter setting.

"I was talking to Y/n-"

"Oh really ? wow I couldn't tell." The sarcasm and venom in my voice was an evil concoction and I could tell the Normani she was talking to wasn't the same Normani she went to the movies with and she damn sure didn't like my bluntness.

"Mani-"

"Don't call me that, you lost the right to do that a long time ago." If looks could kill she wouldn't even be six feet under, she'd be in hell.

"Can you just let me fucking talk." She snapped, I tried my best to keep my laugh in because though I wasn't much taller than her she still looked like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

I slacked my shoulders as I leaned against the tiled wall, gesturing for her to start her bs story.

She went on to tell me how Mikey was someone from Y/n's past coming back to fuck with her and how he'd blackmailed Ariana into testifying against Y/n.

"Wow..." She smiled at the fact that I believed her.

"I know right-"

"It's amazing how you can come up with such a bullshit lie to make people forgive you for you're own consented adultery." Ariana was at a loss for words, her mouth opened and closed like she wanted to say something.

"It's not a lie, why would I go to the extent of him being a fucking drug dealer ? Look it's all right here, the courts eradicated records, the pictures, the files, all in that folder for proof." She shoved the folders into my arms, giving me no choice but to attempt to believe her.

I flipped through the folders, the pictures were definitely real and the documents weren't fake either. Unfortunately- as much as I didn't want to believe it- Ariana was telling the truth, the real question was what exactly are we to do now ?

"Okay...so what exactly are we supposed to do with this information? We can't exactly play swapsies with Y/n and Michael, that's not how law works." She sighed, rubbing her temples with her fingers.

"I know...I know. That's the hard part and the part i'm stuck one, We all need and want her out as soon as possible and i'm trying to work a deal with a lawyer out to get her out in 3 months."

"Look, I still can't look at you the same after you fucked him-"

"I told you, he raped me-"

"Yeah and my cousin is Lucious Lyon." I scoffed.

"Anyway, i'm only doing this because we have a common cause- to get Y/n out- so I'm willing to help you as much as I can, just tell me what you need and I got it."

"Thank you-" She tried approaching me but I backed up just as quickly.

"I'm not doing this for you, i'm doing this for her."

"Right..." She looked down, embarrassed.

I gave her another nod before unlocking the door but I had one last thing to say.

"Oh and Ariana...after this is over and Y/n gets out...don't contact me again, don't even talk to me. Y/n may have forgiven you but I didn't, I see through this facade you have and I can promise you it will come to bite you in your non-existent ass sooner or later." I sneered, the words that came out of my mouth were practically a growl but once I saw the effect it had on her, I knew my message had gotten through to her and my job was done.

I sized up her tiny figure once again before another petty scoff left my lips.

I couldn't and would never understand how Y/n could let such a midget take control and break her heart.

Couldn't be me.

•••

Is this...two chapters in a day 😱

A...double upload...from...Nicole...this can't be true 🤭