Ch.3- What was the reason ?

Um...of all people why her ? like I could've collared with Ari, she's legit the reason I even got to talk to scooter.

"Is this going to be a problem ?" Scooter senses the tension between us.

Which is probably thicker than my dick.

"No"
"Yes"
Normani and I look at each other before answering again but this time switching answers.

"Uh, No it won't be a problem at all" I could tell he was confused and wanted to say something but he just simply nodded and talked about the rest of the record deal.

"So this is a $3 million deal. Right here in my hand is an Amex Black card and all the money is already in here so here you go" My has dropped as he slid the card over the table to me.

"Wow thank you so much" Scooter simply nodded and said you're welcome.

"So the deadline for the song is a month so I want you guys in the studio as much as you can" We nodded softly before I thanked him and made my way out of the room.

The sound of heels clacking could be heard behind me which not only made me want to speed up but to legit run away.

"Y/N WAIT UP"

I ignored her as much as I could and made my way into the elevator.

I practically assaulted the close button until I saw the elevator doors finally shut.

I let out a breath of relief and a soft chuckle, glad that I finally escaped her.

"Damn, You hate me that much" Normani said from the other side of the elevator.

"Shit" I muttered under my breath

"No I don't hate you but it doesn't make sense when I give you my number to text me but you don't talk to me for 2 weeks" I finally make eye contact with her.

"So I have an amazing explanation for that"

I nod for her to continue.

"Basically, Lauren threw my phone in the pool because she thought it'd be funny and personally i don't think the whole rice water thing works so I had to get a new phone but I had to order it from the apple store because I didn't have any phone stores nearby and by that time it had already been like 3 days so regardless it would seem like I didn't wanna talk to you" She quickly explained.

"Text me, right now so I can save your number and pester you"

"Are you serious right now ?" She laughed

I only nodded as I waited for the elevator door to open.

"Yes, I'm serious. You would have to text me anyway since we're working together"

The elevator doors finally opened and I was about to get off before I paused.

"Oh, and I hope you broke up with your boyfriend, cause I'm still bored" I winked as I saw her shocked expression before the doors came to a shut again.

I made my way to my car and got myself situated and was about to pull off before my phone dinged.

202-782-9901: There wasn't a boyfriend in the first place 😂

I laughed before pulling off and making my way downtown.
——
"I ain't get no sleep cause of y'all, y'all not gon get no sleep cause of me"

The sound of my alarm going off woke me up again.

I got up and made my way towards the bathroom to do my...business and shit.

This morning wood aint gon sort itself out.