And unlike her little brother who was a lot more proactive with his feelings, this kid on the other hand looked like he wouldn't know if a girl flirted with him or not. But Saeko was so sure, so damn sure that he liked the girl even just from a glance at him. But unfortunately for Kageyama, he was unaware of his own feelings, now in a loop of conundrum if anything.

"All you really got in that head of yours is Volleyball, huh.." She sighs. "Have you even ever tried video games? Idolize cute idols? Maybe some melodramas or even just watch porn?"

Kageyama coughs vehemently with eyes as wide as saucers, cheeks glowing at his embarrassment.

"P-Po—!" He sputters, unable to say the word.

"Not even porn? You gotta be kiddin' me, dude!" Saeko protests. "Ah- whatever! Alright, look. You gotta know the symptoms of liking someone. Does it feel like your heart is going to burst? Is your belly getting some weird jittery feeling? Do you feel like you're having a fever when she's around? And most importantlyㅡ"

She glances at the mirror.

"Do you think about her a lot?"

And he thinks to himself, all of these questions she asks did potentially happen. When Mina is around, smiling like she's loved by the earth and the stars dance within her eyes, Kageyama couldn't help but think he has some sort of illness. Fiery red cheeks, heart palpitations and stomach churning— all because Mina exists. The raven haired male has poor perception in the matters of the heart but if he could truly say anything that he could only make sense of at the moment, it's that Mina created something in him; her only her alone.

Kageyama stills. The faint hum of the car's engine whirring could be heard along with the radio's nonstop chatter. Hinata slept like a log, oblivious to what was happening and Saeko didn't say anything. She possibly understood that the boy needed time to sort out his feelings. Despite being quite the character she is, she knows better than to intrude.

"GOOD MORNING."

Two words were on the message, short and straight to the point. If anyone else could see it right now, it would have been perceived as callous yet a smile blooms on Mina's lips instead, envisioning the face Kageyama usually makes when he says something that he's shy about.

Summer break was on the horizon which meant Mina had more time on her hands. So far, she has only done household chores; cleaning up, helping out with anything the Ukai family needed tending, or watering the flowers that blossomed quite prettily. As for summer homework— well, that could be done later on in the day. And right now, with a ladle in hand, music softly playing in the back and Samgyetang boiling on a stone pot, Mina tries to alleviate her boredom/ homesickness by a traditional meal.

She takes a photo of herself with a thumbs-up right by the steaming soup, along with the message written—

"Good morning! Hope training doing good. Here is picture of soup I make today— really tasty! Let's eat together when you are back, okay? Kageyama-kun, hwaiting!"

Then she sends it.

And the flow of time continues quite passively. Minutes turning into hours and hours turning into days. The soft ticking of the clock, feet busily shifting around from place to place, and the necessities to be catered. Mina busies herself with the many possibilities of activities to do but she always finds herself busily finding a new subject to take a photo with that could interest Kageyama.

Two days before, she sent him a photo of the soup, then the day after it was a photo of her eating watermelons outside and today, it was her playing ping-pong with the elderly ladies around the neighbourhood earlier this morning. Her messages were quite longer than the raven haired male's, but in return to this he had started to give more content to his replies, often asking questions or, like yesterday, a photo of the gymnasium during practice.

But today— well, he hasn't even replied let alone send a good morning message like he always does, no earlier than six and no later than eight in the morning. She ponders but doesn't mull over it too much, knowing that it's probably because of how busy they are.

But it was afternoon now, so shouldn't they have free time by now..?

"Mina-chan!" A call from Ukai's mother causes her to look up from her book.

"Yes!"

"There's a call from the school! They say that you were supposed to help out Ono-sensei with the English prep?" The woman's voice travels through the empty hall and reverberates into her unclosed room.

Mina stills for a good few seconds as the cogs of her brain turn— one, two, three...

"Ah!"

She jolts, expression forming into sheer flabbergast. That promise totally slipped through her mind! Mina had promised to become the teacher's helper for a day though funnily enough, it wasn't voluntary but through a loss from ballots.

The girl jumps to her feet, throwing on a pair of jeans while keeping the periwinkle coloured shirt on. Despite the mismatched socks she put on so carelessly, she dashes out to the hall and passes Ukai's mother, bidding her farewells so rashly.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i just wanna throw this out:
i love iu so much
+
i heard samgyetang
is a summer dish? i actually
crave for these things
someone pls feed me