36 - Monse's approval

I didn't mind sleeping in an empty house since I got motion sensors and cameras inputted in but Monse had to call me and tell me to spend the night with Jasmine. At first, I refused but Monse was desperate so I agreed and somewhere at the back of my mind, Ray's words came to mind.

I got there and Monse was in bed lying next to Jasmine. I cautiously poke my head through the door.

"Are you guys sleeping?"

"Girl, get in here. We're just having girl talk," Jasmine slaps the spot at the end of the bed and I climb to the spot like a little puppy.

"Monse, I--"

Monse grabs my hands and intertwines them, "Y/N chill, I completely understand. Cesar, doesn't care about me--"

"Don't say that, of course, Cesar cares."

"Not in the way I want him to, not in the way he does about you. You've been hiding your feelings for Cesar because you care about me, too much in fact. You reached out to Cesar and was there for him when I was too blinded and couldn't do it myself. He needs you and I was being selfish."

Jasmine gives Monse a look as Monse gives her a side-eye before turning her head to face Jasmine, "what?"

"Girl, you are not as tough as you seem."

Monse and I erupt into quiet chuckles, "really? Well, you're not as annoying," Monse admits as Jasmine laughs with us.

I bring Monse's attention back to me, "Monse, sometimes it's okay to care and it's okay to be selfish, we all need to be sometimes," I tell her, using Ray's word of wisdom.

"Exactly, but sometimes you gotta be mindful you don't give yourself away in the process," Jasmine adds.

I smile as us girls sat on the bed, the mood sad and emotional. What am I gonna do?

The girls got into bed while I stayed up a bit longer with my phone in my hands, staring out the window at the silent night outside.

I sigh and make a decision. I turn on my phone and open Cesar's name in my text messages and make the first move to next him

Me:
Hey, I'm thinking about you.

Cesar:
I'm thinking about you too ... in my bed.

I gaped with surprise at his text and feel the warmth rush to my cheeks. I bite my lip and look over at Jasmine and Monse sleeping peacefully as I slowly make my way towards the door, making my exit out of Jasmine's house towards Cesar's.