13 - im not safe

The party was being crashed by gang members who were searching for Cesar, threatening everyone in their paths with guns to know his whereabouts

The party was being crashed by gang members who were searching for Cesar, threatening everyone in their paths with guns to know his whereabouts. One of them threatened you and you could see him about to help through the mirror behind the gunman but you signaled him with the hands behind your back to stay still. He just wanted one normal night without thinking about that part so instead of returning home to his gang brother, he decides to come over to your house.

"So ... I have Finding Nemo, some telenovelas, Lilo and Stitch..." you look up from the handful of DVDs in your arm and see him leaning against the wall, deep in thought.

"Cesar, you okay there?"

You barely touched his shoulder before he moved his position to the table, "hey what's wrong?" You stand beside him with an expression of worry on your face.

"I shouldn't be here. Tonight I put you in danger."

"I'm fine though. I'm not hurt."

"But you can be in the future and it'll be my fault. Because I let you into my life."

"Cesar--"

"Don't you get it y/n? I'm not safe for you."

He stands up ready to leave through the window, "but being beside you is the safest I've been all my life."

He looks over his shoulder, "it's for your own protection, please know that. I'll see you later y/n," and disappears into the night.