Ch. 73 - Slim Chance

Depuis le début

“Gee, I wonder why,” Fredo rolled his eyes. “And I’ve got to say you two are even.”

I slowly turned my head to meet his gaze. “What do you mean we’re even?”

“She had sex with Tyler, and you had sex with Katie,” he took a piece of fruit and ate it.

“That was different!” I slightly yelled.

He scoffed. “No it wasn’t,” he looked at me with a small smile. “Both of you cheated without actually cheating, considering you two weren’t exactly together. It’s nothing to be mad about.”

“Yeah? Well Jackie was sober when she fucked Tyler,” I ran a hand through my hair.

“Why are you talking like that? As if you’re trying to say she’s some sort of slut?”

Tyler is the slut,” I bit my lip. “I bet he barely even knew her when it happened.”

“And I bet you just wanted to be Jackie’s first, and that’s why this is upsetting you so much,” Alfredo pointed out. “But you’re overreacting. It’s not like Tyler’s the one who won the girl.”

I let out a deep breath in frustration, fidgeting in my seat. “Whatever,” I said, standing up and leaving towards the bedroom.

Once there, I locked the door and pulled out my phone from my pocket, scrolling through my contact list until I reached the person I was looking for. I pressed the phone to my ear and mindlessly walked back and forth, waiting for the person to pick up the phone.

“Hello?”

I stopped. “Hey, uh.. Robin?”

“Why did you flee all of a sudden? Jackie’s upset,” she said in a slightly angry tone.

“She.. is?”

“Well obviously! What did you think? That she’d be ecstatic that you’d leave in such a hurry?”

“I’m sorry,” I sighed.

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to,” I could picture her rolling her eyes. “Why aren’t you calling her anyways? Why me?”

“I need a favor from you,” I said.

“Oh god..” she murmured.

“Do you know where I can find Tyler?” I asked, staring out the window.

“What? How should I know? Try his house,” she said.

“I don’t know where he lives, smartass.”

“I was just about to give you the address, jackass,” she scoffed.

I let out a small laugh. “Fair enough. But I’m not sure if I want to pay a visit to where he lives.”

“What are you even planning to do anyway?”

“I can’t tell you that.”

Robin groaned before there was a slight pause, and then she spoke again.

“Well if it helps, remember when I went to buy breakfast the other day?” she asked.

“Ah, the store that’s like 2 blocks away?”

“I actually went to the one further than that. It’s 3 blocks away. But my point is, that I ran into Tyler there. I’m sure he goes there often but there’s a slim chance you’ll bump into him out of nowhere.”

“So, if I go there soon, he might be there?” I said.

“I said it’s a slim chance,” she clarified.

“Thanks anyway. You’ve been a lot of help,” I said, sitting down on my bed.

“No problem. I’ll send the address in case you’d still need it,” she replied. “And, again, can I at least ask what you’re planning to do?”

“Just talk,” I curtly answered.

“Talk?”

“Yeah.. Talk.”

“Alright, well you have fun with that,” she scoffed. “What do I tell Jackie?”

“Don’t let her know I called.”

“I can’t do that to her.”

“Well then let her know I called, tell her I’m sorry and that I’ll see her tomorrow,” I said.

“No,” I imagined her shaking her head. “You go tell her that yourself.”

And then she hung up.

I sucked in a breath of air and leaned back on the bed.

This is just something I have to do.

I’ll never be able to be at ease until I do. Something’s off about Tyler and, it may be that I hate him because he took Jackie’s virginity, but until I find him and talk to him myself, I’ll never find out if that’s the reason.

I have to make it to that store first thing in the morning.

***************

Hmm… I wonder what would happen with Justin and Tyler.. ;)

- Nina xx