Chapter 36

Nico's POV

FYI: This is the next morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I want to see him," I say for the fifth time. "I do to, but it's not visiting hours yet." That's Katherine. "I want to go anyway," I say stubbornly. Katherine sighs and checks the time. "Be ready in half an hour." I smile at that, then she walks out to get ready. Once she leaves the room I take a shower in my en suite. I get out and get dressed. After brushing my hair I go downstairs and eat Honey Bunches Of Oats for breakfast. I go back upstairs and brush my teeth. I grab my black aviators jacket and my keys. I go downstairs about 2 minutes late and get in my truck, where the girls are already seated. I start the truck and pull out of the driveway. Once we get to the hospital, I kill the engine and step out of the truck. I go inside with the girls following and tell the woman at the desk that I'm here to see Janine Macintire and Leo Valdez. The woman says, "Janine's in 208 and Leo's in 119. They're both on the second floor." "Thanks," I tell her. We go to the elevator and I hit the up button. Once in the elevator, I reach out to hit the button for the second floor, but Kristie says, "I wanna do it!" I smile and drop my hand. She hits the 2 and the doors close and we start moving upward. Lame elevator music comes on and I think, "Why can't they get better music?" After enduring the agony of a terrible song, the doors open and we step out. We start walking around, looking for one of the rooms. As we head towards ICU, I see 208. "Over there," Kirstie says, because she saw it to. We walk over and step into the room. The sight of my mom takes my breath away. She is in a full body cast, and she has machines surrounding her that are beeping, flashing, and whining. The girls go up to her, probably hoping for her to say something, but she is asleep. A look of disappointment etches itself on their faces. Wanting to give them some time alone, I say, "I'm going to find Leo." They nod listlessly. I step out and walk around the floor some more, and I finally find it after about 25 minutes. I turn sharply and walk towards it. The door is open, and I see him asleep in a hospital bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. I step into the room, and I see a doctor over in the corner of the room, and he has his back to me. S-sir? What's wrong with Leo?" He spins around and looks at me sadly. "He is in a coma." The joy that had filled me when I found him slowly emptied out, and my heart settled somewhere around my navel. I collapse into a nearby folding chair. After a few minutes, I remember that Leo's mom doesn't know yet. At this thought, I jump up and pull out my iPhone. I dial her number and wait for her to pick up. She doesn't, so I leave a message. I say, "Hello, this is Nico, Leo's boyfriend. Leo is in the hospital in room 119 on the second floor. I'll tell you what happened when you get here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TIME SKEEPEETO!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear high heels on the linoleum floor outside of the room, and Loe's mother comes in, looking quite disheveled. "What happened to my son?" She asks me worriedly, so I start to tell her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY, HEY, HEY!!!!! PLEASE DON'T KILL MEEEEE, I UPDATED TWICE TODAY, AND IF YOU KILL ME, WELL, LETS JUST SAY THIS: NO UPDATES FOR YOUUUUU!!!!! I have been planing this for a while now. I hope you liked this chapter, please vote and comment!!!!! Thanks for reading,

-IAmAFatKid