Bad news

Time: 15: 00 noon..

Persistent phone ringing.. Her maid was not in the room; she was out for some shoping.. She picked up the phone herself..

"WHo is calling?"  she asked in a calm voice..

"Miss Rebecca McIntyre?" ask the male voice from the other side of the line

"Herself," answered she.

"From the police station I'm calling for your husband," the man's voice told her, her fingers clenched on the little wooden table.

"Andrew? what's wrong with him?"she asked uneasily.. her stomach felt like a knot for some strange reason.

"I'm so sorry," The Voice told her...

The earpiece slipped from her hand and was found on the floor.. She fell on his knees.. Her scream tore the silence in the mansion.. The tears on her cheeks began to run rivers..She could not realize what she had just heard.. She began to sob.. her breath was cut off every now and then.She wished that she had not heard right, that there had been some mistake..Her hands rested on the tiles, she strained her eyes more, trying in vain to stop her tears..she didn't make it.. She put her body backward and brought her feet to her chest.She put her head between her hands and went on crying.. There  her sister found her when she opened the door.. She hurriedly put down her bag and ran towards her.

"Rebecca, what's the matter, darling?"Oh!" Paige asked  worried, she raised  her head and looking at her.. her eyes were red and prickly with tears..

"Paige" was all she managed to mutter with difficulty before she threw herself into her sister's arms and burst into tears again..

Paige was just stroking her back and hair trying to quiet her, to be able to understand what had happened..she sit down with her. it took her several minutes before she stopped crying.

"Rebecca will you tell me what happened? why are you like that? what's wrong?" asked Paige again calmly..

"He Died, Paige!" she looked at her, wiping a few last tears from her cheeks.

"Who died?"she asked

"Drew is dead!" she murmured, and looked at Paige in despair.

"What?"she asked in shock .

"He was killed in a car accident near the hotel today," Becky told her, and she barely got up from the floor.. she dragged her body to the couch

"Is.. is that sure? What? " asked Paige with a lump in her throat .

"Yes.. they found his ID.I, I have to go to the hospital..I I have to.." she murmured, as she clasped her fingers in the cushions of the sofa.

"What you have to do?"Paige asked her .

"I must.. I must go to identify his body, " she murmured, with eyes staring into the void.

"When must you go?"Paige patted her on the shoulder

"Today..."she answered, trying to regain her strength .

"I'll take Mike," Paige responded.

'Do him what?"he asked her

"Take us.. he must know it too; he is your lawyer, and above all he is a friend," she remembered, and Rebecca nodded..

"Well.. I'm gonna go change until Mike gets here.. lI can't go to the hospital like that," she muttered, and got up.. she tried to get on her feet.

"Can you or do you want help?"her sister asked her

"I can," she answered, and moved on.. She went up the long staircase to find herself on the first floor.. where their bedroom and wardrobe were..

Her hand grasped the knob, and with difficulty she opened the door.. The intense smell of his Cologne made her dizzy.. SHe loved his perfume, she had chosen it for him and he always wore it.. she could barely move to her own side of the closet to change.. She picked one a pair of sneakers and a T-shirt.. she caught her hair roughly; she was in no mood for anything else.. She came out hurriedly; the door closed behind her, she stuck her back to the closed door, and shut her eyes lest she should burst into tears. She took a deep breath and went down the stairs to where Mike and Paige were waiting for her..

"Rebecca, how are you?"Mike asked her..

"Pieces.. I still can't handle it.. I hope they call me and tell me it was a mistake," she responded.. her voice rang with difficulty.

"Are you ready to go for this difficult task? " asked Mike, who looked unruffled .

"No,I'm not, I never will be, but we must go.. so let me do it as quickly as possible," she answered, and took her purse with the keys..

Mike would accompany them both.. He opened the door to his car and she walked in without a word.. He got in and started driving to the hospital.. Her heart was clenched.. she could not imagine that this would be the end of her marriage to Drew.. After 20 minutes they were in the hospital.. Mike helped her get out of the car and they got in hospital..They asked where they could do the identification, and a nurse gave directions. Outside the chamber were two policemen.. they looked at her.

"Good afternoon.. I'm Rebecca McIntyre, I'm here to identify my husband, " she responded softly before the policeman asked her..

They stepped aside and let her pass but alone..The coroner was inside waiting for her.. She took a long breath and motioned him to lift the sheet.. The coroner lifted the sheet and there it was as if the oxygen ran out of her lungs..

"That's him," she mumbled almost mechanically.. she approached nearer to the bed where he had been lying..She gave the evidence they needed and the coroner left her alone.. She caught his icy hand and closed her eyes.. she fell on her knees and kissed his hand..

"Why? why did you leave me alone? Why didn't you live one more day? If.. if I only knew..I was gonna tell you how much I love you. I love you drew I love you " she screamed before bursting into sobs with fury..

Mike passed the officers and hurried into the ward.. He pulled her into his arms to get her out.. She barely got his wedding ring he had on his fingers.. As soon as they came out she pressed her face to Mike's chest without ceasing to cry. he hugged her, stroking her hair.. A doctor gave her a light-form sedative so she could relax.. They remained several hours there sitting until she was able to leave.. All the way home she remained silent..

She looked out of the window like a lost, and held his wedding ring in her hands as if it were the most precious thing she had.. And indeed it was. there was nothing left to remind her of him except the wedding ring that spelled out her name and the date of their wedding.. The traffic on the return was tortuous and a 20-minute drive made it to 40 minutes.. It was now dark when they reached home.. They had first left Paige in hers, and then Mike and Rebecca went on to her mansion. With force she managed to open the door. She went into the living-room and poured out a whisky.. she offered Mike one, too.. She took a sip..She felt her burning of the alcohol on her throat , she wasn't drinkig.. but tonight she needed it. she sat down on the sofa and Mike looked at her..

"It's time you learned a few things, Rebecca," he said, and she looked at him in Wonder.

Soo here is the first chapter of our Story.. Yeah Rebecca was married with Drew McIntyre.. Yeah i don't know how..And here is where our story begins.. i hope you like it.. if you do let me know on the comments below..If you are not interested on it you can tell me so i can delete it.. Untill the next chapter.. kisses xoxo!