Chapter 26

Jade's POV
************************

Okay, I like totally misinterpreted how the night was going to turn out.

"Oh my goodness! Babe is that really Jade and Nick," two unfamiliar voice says from behind us.

The footsteps were fast approaching and I hoped it was not some crazy paparazzi. The two faces soon came into view and I instantly knew who it belonged to.

"ugh what the fuck is this ex's reunite," I groan placing my head in my hands.

Nick let out a laugh as if he found this funny.

"Hey guys its been a while" Nick's ex-girlfriend Becky says. Becky and I hated each other for more than one reason. The main one being her stalking me when her and Nick broke up.

"I hoped it could be longer," I mumbled. Jason stood right beside her and we finally greeted them.

"It really has been," Nick got up and hugged Becky while give Jason a bro hug. I followed doing the same except the whole bro hug part.

"How's it going?" I ask trying to be polite.

"I can't believe you are here together. The last I heard on the tabloid was " JADE WHITE SEEN WITH ANTONIO ESPASITO... COULD THEY BE TOGETHER OR IS THIS PAYBACK."

The table became silent and no one spoke a word.

"Babe, I think we should go," Jason pulls Becky from where we were sitting.

"Yes you should," I said tired of holding my tongue. "And what goes on in my life is none of your business, respectfully."

They walked away leaving Nick and I in an awkward silence.

"Are you okay Jade?"

"Yeah" he nodded his head. 

When the waiter finally arrived with our food the only thing you could hear was the utensils hitting each other.

I was just about to start a conversation when I received a text message on my phone.

Lily- Melony's water broke and we are getting ready to go to the hospital. Newton Confed Hospital

Jade- okay!  On my way

I quickly placed my phone in my purse and Nick looked at me.

"We need to leave now. Melony's water broke and they are headed to the hospital," I said with little to no explanation and hope he caught on. 

He rose from his seat and quickly left one thousand dollars on the table. It covered the food, wine and also the tip for the waiter.

We sped to his car and quickly got in.

Melony was not supposed to have then baby until next month. I guess this had something to do with her age or the baby just wanted to get here early.

The doctor was supposed to set up an inducement date for he so this all came as a surprise.

I used my phone to call Melony's phone.

"Hey love how are you feeling?"

"It hurts alot. The contractions are five minutes apart," anyone who had ears could hear how much pain she was in. Her breathing was also shallow and that scared me.

"Okay just breathe and whenever you feel a contraction do not push."

"Okay. I'll try but it is so hard not so push," she groaned in frustration.

I could tell by her voice that she was crying.

"It will all be okay," I coached her because it reminded me of when I was in birth and Lily was there with me.

Twins and triplets normally came earlier than a single baby.

"Okay we are here," I heard Lily say through the phone.

"See you soon we are five minutes away."

I hung up the phone and saw Nick staring at me.

"What?" I ask as he continued to stare.

"I really am sorry about everything," he started and I was really not in the mood for this conversation.

"Nick, not now. I am not about to deal with all this while something very important is happening," I cut him off immediately before things got too deep.

We finally arrived to the hospital and entered the section marked for labor and delivery.

"Excuse me I would like to know what room Melony Garber is in?" She stared at me with furrowed brows before looking at her computer.

"Just a sec-" the receptionist continues to type on her computer.

"Room 215 second floor".

I gave her a quick thanks and rushed to the elevator.

***************

When we arrived in the room Lily was sitting on a chair in the corner.

Melony was on the bed eating ice from a Styrofoam cup.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her knowing she was in pain.

"Could be better. This baby is ready to get out-" she is interrupted by the contraction.

She closed her eyes tightly and I rubbed bed hand soothingly.

The doctor walked into the room with some other nurses following.

"I would like for you to fill out the information for these papers."

The doctor handed her a clipboard and then he proceeded to talk about the epidural.

"So, normally we like to go over the side effects of the epidural. But seeing as you are way more dilated than we anticipated, we're just going to ask if you would prefer going natural or medicated?" He asked and Melony stared at me.

"I-I don't know which every will let me experience less pain," she spoke and the doctor nodded.

As soon as he did, a female nurse came in pushing a cart with the supplies. When she saw the needle her heart picked up and we could tell on the monitor.

"Why is it so big?" She questioned scooting away as much as she could.

************************

After 8 hours of hard labor baby boy was finally here.

"Awww look at him," Lily smiles looking down at the baby.

Melony was asleep because she was really tired from everything that just happened.

I was also the one to cut the umbilical cord and it was something that I would never forget.

A knock was at the door and we looked around the room to see if anyone was expecting a visitor.

"Come in" I said some what quietly.

The door pushed open and we were shocked to see who came in.