Chapter 5

Jade POV
*****************
The next morning everything was going good. The twins did not wake up much during the night which allowed me to get a lot of sleep. 

I decided to take the day off and spend some quality time with my girls. I indeed saw them every day, but it's between work. 

"Good morning Darling," Lily walks into my kitchen with an IHOP bag. 

"Yes, you are the best," I said taking the bag from her as she placed the drinks down. 

"I know I am," she cheesed taking a sip of her drink.

"Where are the girls?" she asked and I pointed to their baby monitor. 

"Sleep" I responded opening the box with the omelet. 

"This looks so good. Thank you best friend," I told her hugging her. This was one of those mornings where I would have preferred to be in bed  and not cook. At least half my wish came through.

I grabbed it heading to the living room and switched on the TV. 

There has been several reports that Billionaire Nick Smith was spotted with his Ex Jade White. According to the source they were spotted outside of her restaurant. 

"You have got to be kidding me," I said changing the channel. I ate the rest of my breakfast while watching a show on Hulu. 

After I finished I walked upstairs with Lily following behind me. She always assisted me with the twins in the morning. 

"Hey little mamas," I said seeing that they were both up now. I placed them in the middle of the bed so I could change their diapers. 

After we finished Lily and I brought them downstairs and placed them in their high chairs. 

"What do you want today?" I asked showing them Applesauce and banana puree. 

I ended choosing both of them so that they could have a taste. Sometimes one twin likes something and the other refuses to taste it. 

Lily fed Jadeen while I fed Jada. 

I also gave them some water like I do every morning. Jada started crying which caused Jadeen to start crying and I hated that. I hated seeing my babies crying because it felt like I was doing something wrong.  

"What's wrong babies?" I said picking them up and taking them upstairs. It was a struggle but I got used to it. 

They soon calmed down and Lily helped me to wash them up. They loved taking baths but this morning they were not having it. 

Jada started crying again which was causing me to go into a panic. I took her and placed her on my bed and wrapped her in a towel. I held her body close to mine trying to seeing what was wrong with her.  

I checked her temperature and saw that she was at 100.4°F. I quickly got her dress and Lily came in with Jadeen wrapped in a blanket.

"Do you mind watching Jadeen? Something is wrong with Jada and I need to take her to the hospital," I said quickly grabbing my bag with all the important documents that I needed.

"Yeah its no problem," she said. I kissed Jadeen's forehead and left with Jada. 

I rushed to my car and buckled her car seat in. I decided to call her doctor to let her know that I would be coming in. 

" I am on my way because there is something wrong with one of the girls. Her temperature is at 100.4°F and I have no clue what to do" I told the doctor hoping and praying he knew what was wrong.

"Did you give her anything for the fever?" she asks causing me to shake my head. I remembered that she could not see me. 

"No, I left as soon as I caught on to it," I responded trying not to cry.

"Okay get over here," she said. 

"I am five minutes away so see you soon" I replied before hanging up. 

I pulled into the parking lot and parked in the closet spot. I quickly unbuckled her and took her into the building. 

Her doctor was waiting in the lobby so I walked towards her. 

"Come with me" she stated and I followed behind her. We went up in the elevator to the children section of the building. 

She did her normal checkups and even took a blood sample. 

"It's gonna be okay baby," I said rubbing her back soothingly. 

We waited for almost an hour waiting for the results to come back. 

"So we have good news and bad news. The bad news is that she has a low white blood cell count. The good news is that we can treat it before it becomes life-threatening" she told me. 

A sob left my lips as I stared at my daughter who was now staring at me. 

"What about the treatment plans?" I asked and she went over everything with me. She also told me about the signs and symptoms to look out for in case this was to happen to Jadeen. 

We went back home after collecting the medicines that she was prescribed.

I prepared dinner and Lily had to leave, so watched movies until they fell asleep. 
~
I was sitting in my temporary office when my secretary came in. She turned the television on and I wasn't surprised by what I  saw.

Pictures of Jade and I were all over the TV. The angles that they were taken made it seem that we were talking instead of arguing. 

Reports that billionaire Nick Smith was spotted outside of his ex-wife Jade White's restaurant. The two confirmed their split almost two years ago. According to a source the two have been seeing each other trying to reconcile. We are now hearing that there is a possibility Jade White might have had brought Heirs to the Smith industry. 

I smirked at the TV and then my phone started ringing. I checked the caller Id and saw that it was Sharon. 

"What is this about you and your ex reconciling?" she screamed in my ear causing me to remove the phone from my ear. 

The TV switched to a different story and you could see Jade leaving the doctors office. They zoomed in on her face and you could see her tear-stained face. 

Jade White was reportedly seen leaving a doctor's office crying. She was seen holding a baby but we are unsure of the gender. What's wrong and could Nick Smith be the Father?

 "Are you even listening to me?" Sharon asked but I ended the call. 

I grabbed my jacket and attempted to leave but my assistant stopped me.

"I don't think you should go," she said and I looked at her. 

"It's a good thing I don't care what you think". 

                                    Edited