Chapter 23

Nick's POV
*********************

" I think I might be getting her back," I told my best friend Nico as we sipped on some Brandy.

"What do you mean?" he asked but I think what I said was quite self explanatory.

"We may be getting back together sooner than you think."

"That's great man. You finally get to be in your children's life," he gave me a fist bump. But regardless of us being together I would be in my kids like either way.

After Jade accepted the date it was the best thing to happen to me all week. I had alot going in the office and my secretary back in California says there is something wrong with one of my accounts.

"So what's gonna happen when you have to go back to LA?" He asked the one question I was dreading.

"Well... Am kinda hoping that we seal the business deal I came here to talk about and that we can add a new location in California. This way she can take care of one of her restaurants," I spilled the plans I had.

He nodded his head but I could tell he still had something to ask.

"Go ahead,"

"So, the question is why did you even accuse your wife of cheating, and also taking your money when  that does not add up Jade's parents are both very rich also and she inherited alot from them," he asked the question that cause alot of dilemma in my family. Once my family found out what happened, they had no problem showing their disappointment in me.

"I don't know man. It's just the whole ordeal of the love of my life betraying me."

He did not respond but instead threw the bartender two one hundred dollar bills.

The silence gave me a sense of peace and hope but something was bothering me in the back of my mind... Antonio

Although we got the chance to have a man to man conversation things between us still remains the same.

Now, things seems to get worse because I have no clue if he is after Jade or not and by the looks of it they are close.

"What you thinking about, man?" Nico words pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"Jade and Antonio."

"Antonio? as in your rival Antonio?" He ask sceptically.

"Yes him. Jade has been staying with him for a few weeks".

"And your okay with this?"

"Am not okay with this is just the fact that I can do anything about it. She is her own person and I cannot tell her what to do."

He nodded in understanding before we decided to leave.

****************
Jade's POV

"Omg the baby kicked" I literally squealed drawing attention from my workers and customers.

I gave them a sheepish smile and continued paying attention to Lily and Melony.

"What's the gender?" I asked Melony who had a smile on her face.

"It's a boy" she answers and a smile comes into my face too.

"You'll do a great job at raising your baby" Lily says to her.

"About that... Am giving him up for adoption".

"What? Why?" My heart started beating faster and I think it's because I wish I could have my baby boy with me.

"I can't do this on my own and there are people who will be able to give him a better life than I can. I won't be able to stay in a motel for the rest of my life".

I stared at her silently and then decided to leave. I was in a better state of mind and through everything that happened I felt way better.

One thing was for sure and that is I could not let her give up the baby. I know how it feels to lose apart of you that you can't have back.

I walked into my office and found alot if papers on my desk. I had alot of paperwork to complete now that I will be renovating this place and expanding it.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in" I shouted.

Melony open the door and came insides.

"Am sorry if I struck a nerve when I said what I said. It's just that am really struggling and my parents did not think twice before kicking me out".

I listened to her and knew all this girl wanted was love. She just wanted someone she could talk to and someone who would listen to her.

"When's your next appointment?" I asked because she looked like she was atleast six or seven months in.

"I have a check up in three days thanks to your best friend. Thank you so much for everything you both have done for me".

"Your welcome and don't worry about it. I know am a stranger to you but how would you feel about coming to stay with us for a while. You live in a motel where anything could happen to you".

I have been looking at houses and I found the perfect one. It's not humongous but it is just the perfect size.

It has six rooms and seven bathroom (including the half bathroom).

"I - I ... I really don't know how to thank you".

"Don't worry about it, I have no problem doing it for you".

She came and gave me a hug and I could hear her crying.

*****************

The day ended smoothly and without and trouble. We got to know Melony better and I just have this feeling that this is my responsibility.

When we finally got back to Antonio's house I went out with Lily to get a drink. The twins will be spending more time with their grandparents and that gave me some time to myself.

"So when will you tell Antonio that you are moving out?"

"Soon because he will be leaving to California and I want to be out the house before he leaves".

We entered the house and saw Antonio and Bre watching Paw patrol on the huge living room television.

"Hey Jay" he calls me by the nickname he had been using for a while now.

I thought after what happened between us things would have been awkward but I am so happy it's not.

"Hey Toni"

Lily and Antonio also exchange greetings as I gave Bre a hug. She will be going back to stay with her grandparents while Toni is gone.

" Jay Am gonna miss you," she pouts which makes me feel so bad.

"Aww don't worry baby.... I will make sure I come and visit you very often".

I placed a kiss on her forehead before heading upstairs to start the packing process.

I knew what an doing will take time and patience but am ready to do good for others and pave the way for excellence.

I hope everything turns out well... I think I have had too much disappointments to last me a life time.