Chapter 3

Nick

I watched as she stared at me with hatred in her eyes. This was not the Jade I knew two years ago and I am the one to be blamed. The love she once had for me turned into bitterness and disgust.

"Jade wait I just want to talk wi-" I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I checked the caller Id and saw that it was Sharon.

I hit the ignore button and then it started ringing again.

"Answer it am sure it's very important," Jade said with sarcasm and took a seat crossing her legs. "Turn your phone off or place it on silent so we can finalize this deal. I refuse to be in your presence more than it is required, Mr. Smith" she finished.

Her words cut sharp into my chest but I knew the words I said made deeper wounds.

She stared at me as if waiting for a reaction and I gave her one. There was no hiding the hurt that I felt in that moment.

"You don't mean that Jay," I said using the nickname I had for her.

"Am afraid I do Mr. Smith and this is a business meeting so I would rather you address me as Ms. White" she said nonchalantly.

Once everything was printed Jade and I both got a copy of the files.

"Jade please can we work this out. I am sorry and I want to make it up to you. I should have allowed you to explain yourself more.  I am only engaged to Sharon for business purposes" I begged her.

"Enough with the past, I am over it and I am over you. This is not a romance movie where you apologize and I immediately take you back. You moved on with your life and so did I" she replied while pointing towards the exit.

"Also just a reminder, this is my restaurant don't think you can come in and do whatever you feel. I can have my security escort you and that would not look too great on the tabloids" she added before leaving the room.

My bodyguards and I exit the restaurant and made our way towards the cars. I open the car door where my driver was waiting. My assistant entered the car along with me.

"Sorry sir I left some files on the table," she said and she and I both made our way back to the entrance.

We entered the restaurant for the second time that day and a worker was standing in the front.

"My assistant left some files on the table we were at," I said.

"You know where you were sitting so why are you telling me," she said with an attitude.

"Do you know who you are talking to?" I asked her not liking the tone of voice she used.

"I obviously do and I don't care who you are," she said rolling her eyes. "I am not your maid and I do not work for you".

"What is going on here?" we were interrupted by Jade entering the room with two babies gaining the attention of other workers.

"I thought I told you to leave," she said looking at me pointedly.

My main focus was on the babies that she was holding. They had some of my features and if the date adds up then.

"Lily, what happened?" Jade asked the rude worker.

"Mr. I am the king of the world over there, his assistant left some files on the table and they want me to go and retrieve it," she said pointing at me.

"They are mine aren't they?" I asl the question which has been playing on my mind since I saw them.

"Where is more like it, the moment you signed the divorce papers all your rights to call them yours went away" Jade replied without missing a beat.
She watched my reaction before rolling her eyes and walked away.

"See you in court Ms. White," I shouted after her.

They were standing on the side of the car and thankfully for the tinted windows they were not able to see anything.

My assistant made her way into the car pushing her way through the large crowd. It is something you have to get used to when you are a celebrity.

We sat in silence as we made our way to one of our company-owned hotels.

"Do you need anything for the rest of the day, Mr. Smith?" Amber ask as we were on the elevator.

"No that will be all Amber," I said and she quickly nodded and left as soon as the elevator stopped on the floor she stayed on.

I made my way to the penthouse suite with all the memories of today floating around.

I entered the large room and made my way to the master bedroom where I noticed Sharon waiting.

"Hey baby" she greeted with a seductive smile crawling towards me as I unbuttoned my suit.

"Hey" I replied not in the mood for long conversations. After the morning I just had the only thing that would feel good was a shower and a nap.

"Why was your reply so dry and uninterested?" she asks as she sat on the bed.

"I have kids," I said and waited for the shock to kick in.

"Wait- what? Kids? you cheated on me?" she started firing questions at me.

"Yes, kids and no I did not cheat" I answered simply.

"I do not want to be labeled a stepmother," she said with a grimace.

"Well it's a good thing this is only temporary, isn't it?" I ask without a care.

If one thing was for certain, now that I found out about the kids that I placed into this world, I had to get my wife  back. Jade was the missing piece to my puzzel and all those girl were just ways for me to forget how much I messed up.

I never apologise to people but when it comes to Jade I am ready to do whatever it takes for me to win her over.

"Maybe it's all just an act," I said to myself and Sharon looked over at me.

"What are you talking about?" she asked but I ignored her presence. That's something I got used to doing after living with a person this annoying. 

                                Edited