Chapter 22

Jade's POV
*********************

A weeks soon passed after the traumatizing announcement that I had to deliver.

I would be lying of I said everyone wasn't devastated because Nick had a whole breakdown.

Antonio on the other hand comforted me after Nick took off. I let him since it was alot of take in.

We would have thought that he would give me a break after the announcement,  but he only became more adamant.

The twins were now slowly walking but Jadeen had a better hang at it than Jada did.

My mom suggested that I try painting as a way to let out all my anger and the loneliness that I felt.

I stepped back and looked at what I painted in the picture. It was a painting of a flower before it withers and dies.

"Wow." Nick's voice says from behind me. I would have said I was surprised but I stopped since he had been stopping by unannounced.

"At this point am not even going to ask you how you got in" I told him.

The grin on his face leaves as soon as he takes a better look at the picture.

"Jade I am really sorry for everything that I have done. I was a fool and I still am. I take full responsibility for everything that you went through. If I just believe in you and stayed with you through all of this it wouldn't have happened." I no longer needed the pity.

I ignored him at first until he continued his little rant. A few months ago I waited to hear him say that but that ship has sailed.

"All am asking you... No am begging you for a second chance for me to make this right," I turned  to him and saw him on his knees.

"Really! Nick out of everybody you were the last person I expected this from. You literally ruined and left me when I needed you the most. I went through seventeen hours of labor pains with no one but my best friend by my side."

"I know and I am really sorry," he continued to plead.

"Forgiveness cannot be bought. So, all these flowers and chocolate you have been sending me please keep them for yourself or send them to your psycho ex.".

He nodded but still did not give up.

"Please just go on one date and with me. I need to make this right with you and be the best father to the twins. I don't think it's too late so please give me one last chance."

"Okay" I said.

"Okay?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Please don't let me repeat myself. Just because I accepted this date doesn't mean that am gonna come running back to you. This is the real world you need to get your head out of the clouds".

I know what I said was a little harsh but he has done worst things to me and I am tolerating his presence.

"I promise you won't regret it".

"Yeah whatever" I rolled my eyes and left the room.

Antonio left to go to a restaurant for a business deal while Bre is at school.

" Jade wait-" Nick continued to chase me down the hallway.

"What?" I asked becoming impatient with him.

"I really love you and I promise I will change all my ways.

"That's cute" I replied and left him standing in the hallway. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" I also shouted without looking behind me.

I was tired of sitting around the house not doing much so I decided to go and check on my restaurant. A new one was being built two hours from here and I am supposed to be planning the grand opening.

"Ms. White do you need a ride somewhere" Antonio's driver asked me as I went to the garage.

"No thanks Philip am just gonna run a few errands".

' BMW it is' I said to no one in particular.

I sat in my car and adjusted my seat while plugging up my phone to USB. My favorite song by H.E.R came on and I couldn't help but turn it up.

But I don't wanna give up (Give up, give up)
Baby, I just want you to get up (Get up, get up)
Lately, I've been a little fed up (Fed up, fed up)
Wish you would just focus on

It felt so good to be free once in a while. I don't have to worry about obsessed ex's and backstabbers.

Lazy and broke? (Broke)
No, he get this money
So I guess I can't complain
But I feel alone even when we're alone
And that don't cost a thing

But I don't wanna give up
Baby, I just want you to get up
Lately, I've been a little fed up (A little fed up, yeah)
Wish you would just focus on me

I continued shouting lyrics at the same time the song did.

I pulled up at the traffic light and a Corvette rolled up right beside me.

They put the window down and checked out my blue baby. The boys by the looks of it were not over age twenty.

"Yessir" I grinned before throwing them a wink and speeding off.

I finally pulled up in my parking lot for the boss and went through the back exit.

"Hello ! Hello! " I said as I entered and saw some of my  employees.

The restaurant was a big one which included private areas.

I walked around towards the kitchen to see how everything is going. Our head chef Thomas was very busy and did not realize I was here.

"How is everything going Thomas?" I asked.

"Going well boss".

I gave him a thumbs up and continued walking around.

"Omg babe your back" Lily squealed hugging me. This girl literally saw me a few hours ago but I'll let her have her moment.

"So Mrs. Manager who is this new employee you hired?" I asked her after the while story she told me I was very intrigued.

"Well remember I told you her story and I could never turn her back. She is the one that washes the dishes most times".

"Melony! " Lily shouted and a black girl walked in. Her skin was the color of caramel but that was not really what got my attention.

The thing that really got my attention was the small but noticeable belly that was under her shirt. My heart ached for her and how her parents could even kick her their from the house.

"Melony this is the owner and my best friend Jade White" Lily introduced us and Melony extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Thank you so much for allowing me to get this job. It means alot to me, if it was for you I would probably be dead or out on the streets" she said with tears now in her eyes.

"It's okay" I felt the sudden urge to pull her into a hug which I did. She hugged me back like my life depended on it and that was when I felt it.

The baby kicked.

Am sorry I haven't updated in a while.