Chapter 21

Writer's  POV
********************

Antonio and I sat in a very awkward  silence. The last thing  two rivals expected to do was be in such a close proximity to each other. This whole situation became very weird and the environment in which they were in made things worst. 

"So..." Antonio tried to break the silence but he had nothing else to say.  All of a sudden both men started laughing.

This is the most words they have ever exchange with each other. This is all happening because of Jade and they couldn't be more anxious for the outcome. 

Lily was still upstairs with Jade and the sniffing they heard  before had now went way and it was complete silence. 

" Why would you let her go?" Antonio asked out of nowhere. The thought of letting go of her made him nostalgic. He knew that pretty soon he would have to leave and go back to California. 

" It was all a misunderstanding and I never had enough trust in her to believe that she is not capable of doing something like that. I believed some photo over my own wife and the fact that money was being removed from our accounts made it easier for me to do just that," Nick tried to explain the situation that happened.

 Antonio listened intently and although he could see that Nick loves Jade  he was not going to give up so easy. 

Lily came downstairs with a Jade in tow and her eyes were red and puffy. She walked over to the couch and sat in the middle but closer to Antonio. 

It was very evident that she missed her children and it was taking a lot out of her not to cry again. 

"You doing okay?"a concerned Antonio asked Jade who nodded and cuddled in his chest. Although she said she would start over with Nick she simply meant as friends. She would do anything for her children and if that meant talking to the person who broke her heart then so be it. 

Nick on the other hand was not liking what he was seeing in front of him. "Jade, what are you doing?" he asked with a silent growl which did not go unnoticed by Lily. 

"Nick, would you mind coming along with me to the kitchen?" she asked as she gestures for Nick to follow her. 

Nick POV

I followed Lily to the kitchen and fold my arms waiting for her to talk. She rolled her eyes and that got me really agitated and annoyed. 

"Look you have no right no be acting up in front of Jade, because as far as we all are concerned she is no longer your wife. This is all your fault especially because if it was not for our psychotic ex-fiance and the one you cheated on her with she would not be in this position," Lily Spat and I couldn't say I wasn't a bit taken back.

"So you're really going blame all this on me. I take account for what I did but all of this is not my fault. She also told me that we could start over and I still love her."

She stared at me like I was stupid for a minute and by the look I got I was feeling pretty stupid. 

"You really thought she was just gonna forgive you over night, then you both go your merry way. It does not work like that and coming from you makes me wonder how you manage your business," that hurt a lot but it was the truth nobody wanted to tell me. 

" I guess I am pretty stupid then. But, isn't that a bit rich coming from you?" before I could even do anything else I received a hard slap to my left cheek. I knew I deserved it but that was just a thought. 

"Not because you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth means everyone else did. Unlike you some people had to work for what they own and that includes your ex-wife Jade. Some of us struggled to go to college and the scholarships did not cover everything. The person's house who you are now standing in he worked for everything. I learnt alot about him and the struggles he faced but look at him now. Your number one rival and competitor. Miss me with that bullshit," she rolled her eyes and walked off leaving me stunned.

As she left Jade walked in a minute after.
"What was all the shouting about?"

I shrugged my shoulders no longer wanting to talk about this whole thing.

"Oh okay," she said although she didn't believe me.
********************

Things became really awkward than it was already before. Jade has not went back to her restaurant but she is well aware that it is being managed well.

"Mama," her little girls shouted simultaneously and a huge grin grew onto her face.

"Yes babies" she cooed and cuddled them to her. They were currently in bed and paw patrol was on the television.

She smiled at the thought of her babies but then her mind went back to her other baby.... Her little boy.

"I know I will have to tell your papa soon but I rather not think about," she spoke to then like they understood what she was saying.

************************

Jade stood in the middle of the living room where everyone sat. By everyone I meant: Nick, Antonio, Jade's parents, Nick's parents, Lily and Bre.

"I have an announcement to make and it's not the good kind that I would have liked to tell you. I kept contemplating whether or not I should disclose this information. The only person that actually knows what am talking about is my best friend Lily."

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Lily asked her friend and she gave her a nod.  She knew how hard it was for Jade to talk about the situation.

"I have been thinking about it ever since my little breakdown."

"What is it?" her parents interrupted her.

"Well... When I was pregnant with my babies something else happen. On my 7 month check up the doctor realized something. I was not only carrying two babies but I was carrying three."

Jade waited for the shock to blow over before she continued.

"Wait what?"Nick shouted.

"I was having triplets," Jade told him calmly and tried not to start crying again.

"So where is the other one?" Mr. Smith ask and everyone nodded except Lily.

She stood in the back trying to avoid her tears from falling.

Jade sniffled for a minute before some got the memo and others were left confuse.

"Oh my gosh did you place one up for adoption?" Nick asked out of nowhere.

A silent Antonio, after he realized what really happened, he walked up to Jade and pulled her into a hug.

"No I did not out him up for adoption, he died in my arms."

The environment became really quiet and even little Bre was quiet because everyone else was.

No one wanted to utter a sound because everyone was taking in what happened.

Jade's pregnancy was something rare. According to her doctors their is a low chance of it happening. But it happened to her and she lost a child that day.